free website stats program UFO Motorsports | Harley Davidson Forums

UFO Motorsports

jogar011

Hi,
I'm a new member tryin to buy a streetglide. I recently ran into a few ads by UFO motorsports selling bank repo'd Harleys. They are selling these bikes at ridiculous dirt cheap prices, which lead me to believe they are scams. They have a website and supposedly 2 locations in the U.S. One is in Nevada & the other in Florida. Has anybody ever heard of these guys or bought from them ? Much thanks to any replies !

Usually if it is too good to be true, go the other way. Looking at their site with the spelling errors, I wouldn't trust them. The scammers have the same type of spelling/grammar errors too.

I was on another forum where someone posted about this company, have you seen their site? It's pretty far out there for sure, what w/ their 'Invatory' of motorcycles, adds for web design, and creepy alien pics and background music.

One guy claimed to call the dude about a bike, left msg, got call back from what seemed to be a VoIP phone (not good quality sound) and talked to the guy about one of the Street Glides, like an 07 for $9500 or something and asked if the bike was in the FL location, got the run around on that, said if it's in the FL location, he'd go look at it that day and buy it, and the guy went on some tangent about deposits or something, I don't remember how it all turned out, but the general feeling was something wasn't right.

I'd call em and see for yourself, but don't get talked into giving any personal information, signing anything, doing any deposits, or anything else stupid. If you can see the bike and buy it w/ a clean title and it all makes sense fine.

But if I were looking into this, I'd be asking for individuals names, and google them to see if anything turns up, I'd be ckng the business out by googling them, running BBB checks, etc., type in personal and business names, and the claimed addresses, phone numbers into search engines with words like complaint, scam, problem, etc to see if anything comes up.

Oh, and I'd get the VIN# and run a check on it too, if other things looked ok, before I did anything.

My gut says something's up w/ these guys though, but would love to be proved wrong.

Good luck.

I can tell you its a scam they have an 06 StreetGlide on there site for 7500 . I found the vin and it was sold at another shop for 21,000 . I talked to him ( the shop that sold it ) and he was HOT about it .
UFO Motorsports did call me back but wont do a escrow . They want $$$ wired to them half now the rest when you get it . But they wont give address . I told em I would come and pick it up . No responce after that .
I did a who is this is what I got look at Creation Date of site
Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
Referral URL: Domain Name Registration, Search Engine Marketing, Web Hosting Design

Expiration Date: 2010-05-25
Creation Date: 2009-05-25
Last Update Date: 2009-05-25
So I would steer away from that unless your in Palm Springs . Thats where they say there at

Liie the saying goes:" If it seems to be too good to be true, it's too good to be true". Most of the time, these sites rely on our instinct to grab a good deal when we see one. And therein lies the catch. Remember, they don't have to hook everyone, just a few unsuspecting folks every now and then....

I work for the District Attorney's Office in Travis County, TX. There are literally thousands of scams out there with more appearing every day. It has become a major business. You won't go wrong by following these simple rules:
1. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. (Glider said this but it bears repeating.)
2. Don't buy a bike you haven't seen and preferably ridden. (Insist on a face-to-face deal. This isn't a $40 Ebay item we are talking about.)
3. If they say they will ship it to you, run. (Think about the prices UFO says they offer and then deduct realistic shipping costs. Would you offer a deal like that?)
4. Never send a deposit or payment in any form. (This goes back to the face-to-face deal thing. If you send money don't expect to see it again.)
5. Never give out any personal information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, your date of birth, etc.

Scammers are very hard to prosecute. They pop up like mushrooms, scam people out of money, and then disappear. Many are not based in this country despite what their ads may say. Some actually con U.S. citizens into becoming their "agent" and then leave them holding the bag (and possibly facing prosecution). It's a huge problem and your best defense is to be cynical and don't fall for the scam because you probably won't have much if any legal recourse if you do.

John

Back