free website stats program Ubuntu 11.10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ubuntu 11.10

Redfish-Joe

I though I'd upgrade to the latest and greatest version on Ubuntu. Mistake. Found out the version is incomplete and very slow. I went back to version 10.10 and am happy with it. Don't think I'll upgrade again for a long time!

I tried 10.10, then went to the upgrade. Started to have problems, then dumped the whole thing. Went to apple, never looked back

Upgraded my little Netbook from 10.10 to 11.04. There are definitely problems with the newest version. 10.10 had solved some hardware issues, they are back in 11.04. Also, in the 10.10 you could choose Classic view instead of the newer screen view thats aimed at touch screens, can't in 11.04. I'm thinking of nuking the whole thing and going back to 10.10 until they 'finish' 11.04. Reminds me of Microsoft, put it out there and then fix the issues.

Upgraded my little Netbook from 10.10 to 11.04. There are definitely problems with the newest version. 10.10 had solved some hardware issues, they are back in 11.04. Also, in the 10.10 you could choose Classic view instead of the newer screen view thats aimed at touch screens, can't in 11.04. I'm thinking of nuking the whole thing and going back to 10.10 until they 'finish' 11.04. Reminds me of Microsoft, put it out there and then fix the issues.

go to the terminal and type :

sudo apt-get install gnome-shell

This will install the gnome shell and let you view it in classic. BUT it is still slow.

Back