free website stats program U1064 Diag Error and bike won't start | Harley Davidson Forums

U1064 Diag Error and bike won't start

mellman

Hi,

I have an '06 Road King. I had a flickering brake light which I thought was caused by a faulty brake light switch on the front brake. I ordered a new one and replaced it (cut off old switch and spliced in new one). It seems to fixed the problem. Once things were back together, the bike wouldn't start with a permanent red key symbol lit on the speedo. I took everything apart again and saw that while putting things back together, I apparently pinched and frayed an ignition wire. I fixed that (cutting it and splicing it back together). My bike still has the red key light lit and won't start. I looked at the diag codes and found a U1064.

Can anyone help me with a trouble shooting process? I am kind of stuck!

Any help would be appreciated!
Mark

What does it mean by "Loss of TSM/TSSM Serial Data EFI"? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot what may be wrong?

As stated in the original post, I replaced the brake light switch on the hand brake and pinched the ignition wire in the reassembly and had to re-splice it back together. I looked all around the wiring harness for another broken wire and couldn't find one.

GENIUS, it appears to have been a blown fuse. Lets just hope I can get it back together without messing anything else up! :D

Thank you for your help.

Mark

Back