U1064 Diag Error and bike won't start

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by mellman, Aug 7, 2011.

1. mellman

mellman New Member

Hi,

I have an '06 Road King. I had a flickering brake light which I thought was caused by a faulty brake light switch on the front brake. I ordered a new one and replaced it (cut off old switch and spliced in new one). It seems to fixed the problem. Once things were back together, the bike wouldn't start with a permanent red key symbol lit on the speedo. I took everything apart again and saw that while putting things back together, I apparently pinched and frayed an ignition wire. I fixed that (cutting it and splicing it back together). My bike still has the red key light lit and won't start. I looked at the diag codes and found a U1064.

Can anyone help me with a trouble shooting process? I am kind of stuck!

Any help would be appreciated!
    Mark

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Here's the list of codes.

Harley Davidson Community

U1064 Loss of TSM/TSSM Serial Data Carb
    U1064 Loss of TSM/TSSM Serial Data EFI

With the light still on it's a current error.

3. mellman

mellman New Member

What does it mean by "Loss of TSM/TSSM Serial Data EFI"? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot what may be wrong?

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Usually it means that the modules in the system are not communicating with each other as in open wire somewhere. What have you done recently?

Read this...

Harley Davidson Community

5. mellman

mellman New Member

As stated in the original post, I replaced the brake light switch on the hand brake and pinched the ignition wire in the reassembly and had to re-splice it back together. I looked all around the wiring harness for another broken wire and couldn't find one.

6. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

Have you checked all your fuses with a test light or DVOM?

7. mellman

mellman New Member

GENIUS, it appears to have been a blown fuse. Lets just hope I can get it back together without messing anything else up! :D

Thank you for your help.

Mark

8. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

Glad you found the problem, this time be careful putting her back together :D