free website stats program Typical 2009 Touring Problems | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Typical 2009 Touring Problems

when i bought my jagg oil cooler from the comapny, they on-line suggestions to watch for china made (knock-off) jagg oil coolers from e-bay etc. they showed
when they cut the china knock-off oil cooler in half it was full of sand. and the tubes were not made to their specs. so watch where you buy yours in order to get a genuwine jagg oil cooler.

I'll ask first, did you use the oil filter adapter with built in thermostat?
Apologies to the OP. This thread has gone south of '09 problems.

I'll ask first, did you use the oil filter adapter with built in thermostat?
Apologies to the OP. This thread has gone south of '09 problems.

I don't think anybody asking for a "list" Will Mind the type of Talk we are doing here....

All will help:D
Yes, the nice black one that is thermostatic controlled. 149$

I always thought I would prefer the self-directional flow Dial-control valve like on my FXDS 00 up in Wa. but not so,,, this automatic proved-out to be Great for me in Cool mornings then HOT days here in Az.

I've rode in 112* Heat and not had or felt the motor Too Hot but that SUN is brutal.

The welded bracket across the down tubes seemed to be perfect for holding the oil cooler Just in the right spot... No UP or Down movement.
Jagg must of had an HD close-by to take measurements off.:s

There is Plenty of room for the shift area.

The fins match nicely the HD fins and When Clean it does look :53:

signed....BUBBIE

My 09 Ultra has informed me the she wants an oil cooler as soon as I can get one:taunt

I don't think anybody asking for a "list" Will Mind the type of Talk we are doing here....

All will help:D
Yes, the nice black one that is thermostatic controlled. 149$

I always thought I would prefer the self-directional flow Dial-control valve like on my FXDS 00 up in Wa. but not so,,, this automatic proved-out to be Great for me in Cool mornings then HOT days here in Az.

I've rode in 112* Heat and not had or felt the motor Too Hot but that SUN is brutal.

The welded bracket across the down tubes seemed to be perfect for holding the oil cooler Just in the right spot... No UP or Down movement.
Jagg must of had an HD close-by to take measurements off.:s

There is Plenty of room for the shift area.

The fins match nicely the HD fins and When Clean it does look :53:

signed....BUBBIE

I had these codes all day today.My throtel shut down once before months ago,and today it left me stranded about 20 times. Allmost caused a wreak.Is there a fix. I went out and bought a new throtel cabel but not installed it yet.

I own a 2009 Ultra Classic with the same problems. Is there any for sure fixes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody,
after reading and posting on this forum about the TCA connector problem (error codes P1511 and P2135), I am wondering if there is a kind of "list of typical 2009 Touring problems" that I can read to figure out what I could expect from my motorcycle (2009 Road King), beside what already happened. :s

TIA,
Giovanni
Have you found any answers to you code problems yrt

I have never had any problems with my 09 Road Glide. (25,000 miles) Put an HD oil cooler on and changed to synthetic for riding through the desert.

29000 miles on my 09. I've done the stage one upgrade and put in a SE comp in it, but only because I didn't like the noise and sloppy feel of the stock comp. When I removed the stock comp there was nothing wrong with it. It's been a very good bike with no problems. Last year without a cat, seems to me it's one of the better years to have. Who says there is a list for 09 touring bikes?

Back