free website stats program Type 'B' vs. 'E' Fork Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Type 'B' vs. 'E' Fork Oil

cmvsm

My service manual calls for 'E' weight, but my dealer sold me 'B'. Should have checked before walking out. Anyhow, I've already filled one fork with 'B'. Am I going to need to drain and go back tomorrow and get 'E', or is it just going to give me of a more stiff ride? My forks did dive a bit before with the touch of the brake. Will this heavier weight help?

Thanks!

Thanks Bud and Jack. I wouldn't mind a little stiffer ride, but not too much. I'm about 195lbs and enjoy just in-town cruising mostly, so nothing too high performance. As I mentioned, the forks with stock oil were a little mushy when I grabbed the brake, even in just the driveway. Would the 'B' help this out at all, or am I pointed in the wrong direction? My dealer recommended the Screaming Eagle Fork Oil when I was in there the other day. From the link you provided Jack, that would provide even a more stiff ride to the 'B' oil. Is this correct?

I have a 2006 Dyna and put in the SE heavy oil, I would never go back to the regular fork oil. My front end dived as yours is and the SE heavy oil solved the problem.

Might keep the heavier weight in, just to see what it feels like. Unless anyone sees that is going to present a problem. Definitely easier to change with the forks off the bike.

The heavier weight gives better dampening and handling? Just a rougher ride? How much diff could going from 5w to 10w be?

Thanks Bud and Jack. I wouldn't mind a little stiffer ride, but not too much. I'm about 195lbs and enjoy just in-town cruising mostly, so nothing too high performance. As I mentioned, the forks with stock oil were a little mushy when I grabbed the brake, even in just the driveway. Would the 'B' help this out at all, or am I pointed in the wrong direction? My dealer recommended the Screaming Eagle Fork Oil when I was in there the other day. From the link you provided Jack, that would provide even a more stiff ride to the 'B' oil. Is this correct?

Correct, less dive when braking

Back