free website stats program Type B motors | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Type B motors

In any case my bike runs better without the stretch.

That is interesting. When I installed a Tru-Track (front & rear mount) on my Dyna, I did notice the stretching of the mounts but had no idea it was by design. (patent of all things)

The kit really did help tighten up the wheels to each other. Having just the 1 factory link under the tank is just not enough to keep everything in line.

Yea I've heard the oil is not good on the mount, though I would have thought that it would be made of an oil resistant rubber just like rubber oil lines. Guess it depends on where H.D. had it made, China, Mexico or possibly America.

I can't speak for the previous owner of my bike but when I change the oil I drain the crank first and stand the bike up straight let it drain a few minutes until there is a good length of time between drips. Then with the bike back on the jiffy stand when I remove the filter there is hardly a drop of oil comes out. I can tell since I slip one of those plastic oil filter funnels under the filter. Then with the filter off, I replace the drain plug.

Yep, I fashioned one out of a 2 litre soda bottle hate that oil dripping down the front

That is interesting. When I installed a Tru-Track (front & rear mount) on my Dyna, I did notice the stretching of the mounts but had no idea it was by design. (patent of all things)

The kit really did help tighten up the wheels to each other. Having just the 1 factory link under the tank is just not enough to keep everything in line.

Yes I bet it did. I thought about Tru-Track but I would have had to buy a different oil cooler since it looked like Tru-Track would occupy the same space. I image the rear was a bear to install.
Tru-Track ties the mounts down do they cannot move laterally.

Very good information here. Especially post #27. Is there a way this can be put in the self help area, or under the Dyna section for easy future reference?

Back