free website stats program Two Questions for Dyna owners | Harley Davidson Forums

Two Questions for Dyna owners

DadzLowrider

Hey everyone-

Two questions:
1) can anyone tell me how to get to the wiring for the ignition switch located in the down tubes and which wire goes to where on one of the 3 tab dash mounted switches?

2) I have an 08 Low Rider and am switching to a FXDSE Dash with the ignition and the turn signal, brights and other warning lights in the dash. I need a new riser clamp since the stock one has the indicator lights built into it. Went to the HD dealer today and they couldn't find one that fits my bike. My bolt holes are straight up and down, not offset like on the Sportsters etc. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ok- so I see the wire harness under that little plastic cover for the ignition. Is there an easy way to get to it? Does anyone know what gauge wire I should use to extend the wires? And lastly, anyone know what the best way to route the wires up to the console on the dash is? Should I just bring the out of the hole on the side of the next and then under the console? Or is there a better way? Thanks again in advance for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Done the same mod on my SG. Getting the wires unpluged is a real pain, I had to use a small mirror and a pick to work the plug loose. When you get it unpluged just pull the wires out through the rubber grommet where the other wires come through and cut the plug off and save a few inches of wire on the plug so you can splice on to it to lengthen. that plug will go to the new switch,hooks right up, Rout the wires up through where the dash meets the front of the tank. The hardest part is getting the factory wires unpluged from the factory switch. **********************************************************************
switch.jpg

Back