free website stats program two oil coolers? | Harley Davidson Forums

two oil coolers?

flhrrider

I'm thinking of running a second oil cooler, (perhaps a Jagg 6 row vertical on the engine guard) in series with the stock cooler on my 103 inch road king.
Would it really knock a couple degrees off the cylinder head temperature? Would it create a problem with the oil pressure or pump? flhrrider

I'm no oil expert but I have reservations about the oil dropping your head temperature very much at all.

I think Glider is spot on. Two oil coolers?? The one that came stock with the bike is probably all you need...other than a better A/C and a fueler of course.

I'm thinking of running a second oil cooler, (perhaps a Jagg 6 row vertical on the engine guard) in series with the stock cooler on my 103 inch road king.
Would it really knock a couple degrees off the cylinder head temperature? Would it create a problem with the oil pressure or pump? flhrrider
I have the Marlins oil temp/head temp gauge on my '07 Ultra. I replaced the air temp gauge.

Rode through the desert in July with 115 degree temperatures.

Oil temp did go up in the desert, more than when riding in Iowa but nothing weird. Nothing that I'd worry about.
All the bikes in the desert were running the same temps, only difference was I knew what my bike was running at.

I'd worry more about having more oil hoses in the open with a chance of developing a hole in the hose.

Thanks, Maybe I'll just upgrade to the Jagg10 row with the fan. It does get blistering here in Las Vegas traffic. flhrrider

try the jag universal oil cooler.looks like overkill on my '09 t/g. but i'm satisfied with it. mine runs 230. and am going to put aperf. revolution efi on this winter.

try the jag universal oil cooler.looks like overkill on my '09 t/g. but i'm satisfied with it. mine runs 230. and am going to put aperf. revolution efi on this winter.

Just curious about the temps. What were the air temps on that day you saw 230*

Back