free website stats program Two of the LED lights are out on my raised Skull Gas Cap | Harley Davidson Forums

Two of the LED lights are out on my raised Skull Gas Cap

Blue colored LED lights numbered 4 & 5 from left to right, of the six Led Lights are NO longer illuminating on my raised Skull gas meter/cap on my 2007 Road King Classic.

Does anyone have any opinions / suggestions in regards to fixing the two LED lights that are NO longer illuminated?

Ride safe!

Thank u for your assistance.

Welcome NYHarleyDavidson to the HDTimeline forum and your first post...you can use the tabs near the top of the page...Search, just type in key words, and Self Help tab on the subject of interest. Well, there is good news and bad news the good news is if it is under warranty, get it replaced quickly. The bad news is you are not alone, there are many unhappy and a few happy users of the LED gas caps.

One more suffering from the same issue. Only the 4th light, but almost from the very beginning. I wonder when the next light is going to faint …

Thanks for the input and welcoming remarks. I enjoy perusing the site. I find the site can be very informative....As for my crisis I assume I will have to replace the raised skull cap. : (

If you replace it, how about trying to take it apart and post some pics? It might give someone an idea as to how to fix them.

If you replace it, how about trying to take it apart and post some pics? It might give someone an idea as to how to fix them.

WireDawg, I like the way you think! That's an Awesome idea. I bet it would help several other members.

I remember years back when LED's were just making the scene. All the manufactures were saying "the life span of these things is 25 YEARS! In most cases it will be the last "bulb" you buy"

I also remember saying to myself, How do they know that without waiting 25 Years!
I knew someone was exaggerating..:p

It is NOT likely that I will replace the skull gas guage shortly as I use my odometer for accurate fuel use. However I agree with your idea and when and I chose to repair the gas guage I will suggest to my wrench that he assist us in the endeavor. Having said that, I will have to pick-the right day to ask my wrench as he can be moody (LOL).

Back