free website stats program Two motor officers down | Harley Davidson Forums

Two motor officers down

Duffer

2 motorcycle troopers injured in Pierce Co. crash | KOMO News | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News - Seattle, Washington | Local & Regional
Just a reminder, it can happen to anyone regardless of training and experience. Seems all to common these days.
Everybody stay safe out there.

As an afterthought, I have to wonder if both of them going down was a result of LEO's habit of riding side by side. I see it quite often, but doesn't seem like a good idea to me. JMHO.

Wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Don't like to here of any rider going down. Hopefully they recover OK.

According to the writeup the officers "assumed" the car would stop. That's the problem when you assume someone will do what's right, it can come back to bite you.:31:

Don't like to here of any rider going down. Hopefully they recover OK.

According to the writeup the officers "assumed" the car would stop. That's the problem when you assume someone will do what's right, it can come back to bite you.:31:

10/4 , i always assume a left turn coming at me so I wont be too surprised at an intersection:s

Wishing the best for speedy recovery. Every time I come to intersection, I always "assume" someone will cuts in-front of me or doing something that they are not suppose to, last week the old lady made a sudden stop at NO LEFT turn intersection and I was behind her, I hit the brakes and ended up right on her side window, the cage behind me had couple of feet away from her rear bumper, if I didn't swerve(?) around her, I'd have been sandwiched between the two.

We just had a situation in Pittsburgh where a city motorcycle officer hit a car. It seem the car made the dreaded left in front of him. Fortunately he did not get hurt bad. You just have to always be prepared for the worst and have a exit plan.

Bummer, sure hope they make a complete recovery, hate to hear anybody going down. it seems people in cars just don't pay enough attention to vehicles other than cars.
I have tried to make a habit of swerving slightly left and right to change the angle of my headlight to make myself more visible to oncoming cars at intersections or turns were they can enter a highway and always keep the headlight on high beam during the daylight hours.

The unfortunate thing for us who ride motorcycles is that most cagers priorities have the responsibility of driving way down on the list of things to do behind the wheel while driving: Gps, Cell Phone, Reading, Texting, Looking at Computer,Applying Make-Up, Drinking, Eating,Etc.Etc.EtcEtc.Etc.Etc Then Paying Attention to Driving. Must be why cell phone / texting accidents almost equal drunk driving and is causing alot accidents and injuring or killing people. It just happened here 2 months ago a car never stopped at a red light pushed guy on bike through intersection into oncoming car and finally stopped when momentum ended never slowed or attempted to stop.
What a shame.

Couple of weeks ago not far from here we had a 16 yrs. old kid charged with careless driving on his bicycle.He was texting and ran into the back of a car and went through the back window!! :lolrolling
He only had a couple of cuts and a badly bruised ego.

Now thats funny I don't care who you are!!!!!!!

This happening in a area of one of my favorite rides... I took the ride yesterday and saw the investigation marks on the road way.... It is a problem traffic area... especially when everybody wants to get to the water area it is around.....
Coming down off a steep hill to a stop sign with Many cars backing up to take a left turn,,,, Anxious drivers Quite Often Cut-out dangerously CLOSE to on -coming traffic....
I have been Extra careful at "that" intersection for the Many Years I have driven it.
Telling me "THIS", a gas station owner and her gas station right next door to a Sheriffs Office... Retelling what the Sheriff said to her...
******* THIS*****
They will recover fine.... Good news !

The older lady(driver) said she was trying to pull out in-front of them,,, NEW she would be Close but tried to make it anyway..

My feelings:

I Find I MIGHT up-set some here..

I don't like the way the law enforcement people(bikes) ride.. Calling it "Tandem"..

I have a retired calif. police biker friend that likes riding "that way" but I refuse to do it..... I "know How" but for me it takes SAFETY to a new height..

I very seldom ride in ANY too close riding situation.....

I'm sure using this "riding style" is why BOTH officers went down...

I'll go the single file staggered route of riding.(.)

I also try to WATCH and get EYE CONTACT from the driver sitting to pull out when possible..(you know what i mean) Does he SEE ME?

Even as careful as I am and TRY to be, there is still that once in a while MISTAKE and Close Call!

signed....BUBBIE

lost friend two days before fathers day in NC , guy going to church made left in front of him ,clear road no traffic hurry to get there. gill from NJ was the most save person i ever rode with .u just never know ? excellant hd mechanic,

Back