free website stats program Two issues and a Thank you. | Harley Davidson Forums

Two issues and a Thank you.

ORTIGO

First off I would like to thank everyone for pushing ,, manual,, manual,, manual. Didnt think I would need it but man has it come in handy,

Issue 1
Ive been having alot of trouble tuning my old sporty, 1989 883 and then realized I had a charging problem. I noticed when I would hit the blinker the bike would start to misfire. With the help of the manual I have tested the stator, coil, and it seems to be ok with all tests so off comes the regulator also in with new battery. My question is how did I never have a problem starting the bike and how much and in what way does this affect the ignition. Will this end up being part of my inability to jet this thing propper to stop hard pull misfire and such. Besides the fact its an old bike it should run better.( complete rebuilt carb all stock parts no mismatch anymore. 185 main 46 low 2 1/2 turns. Huricane breather which flows slightly better than se, stock header pipes with aftermarket slipons and header pipe big city thunder baffles, slipons are empty.)
issue 2
I simply want to know if 2002 1200 jugs and heads will bolt on to this 89 883Thank you guys for putting up with my rambles. ORTIGO

Ive been talking to dan about a serious upgrade. He has great products but for the time being Im kinda havin fun wrenchin on a bike for a change instead of a car. Thats half the reason Ive spent time and money fixing and tuning this old cv carb. But soon it to will be upgraded. Im actually buying up odds and ends that may not be available in the future for this old bike. It was my late fathers and it will never leave, even if I upgrade bikes this one stays to be my toy. I was asking about the top end because its cheap and I could install myself and play with cams ect. and just have some fun learning what works and what dont. Thanks for the reply. ORTIGO

Back