free website stats program TwinCam in FXR? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

TwinCam in FXR?

Thanks nzbernie, already done the job. '92 FXR using OEM gearbox with a Vulcan adaptor plate between the TC88 "A" motor and box. No problems fitting. Welded an adjustable support to the crossmember under the gearbox forward mount to handle the extra torque. Fitted CCE spherical bearings to the swingarm (recommend). Using Thunderheart "standalone" custom programmable single fire ignition. Getting ready to set up on dyno bench. Pics coming soon.
Cheers Steve.

I got an 86 FXRS, and my bike has been bullet proof. Ridden many, many cross country trips. East - West, North - South, border to border and aside from a couple of broken electical connectors and a bad stator, never had a problem. Also everywhere I go, no matter where, anytime i pull into a shop to shoot the breeze all the wrenches tell me the same thing. "Don't ever sell that bike- mechanics favorite. Also you can do so much to an evo I don't know why you would want to change it out to a TC. But that just my take. I was told once that a TC motor is too tall to fit in a stock Harley FXR frame. If you are talking an after market FXR frame, well then its not a Harley anyway but a custom. Be interested to here what you decided or how it came out.

Back