free website stats program Twin Cams a future problem? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Twin Cams a future problem?

i just recently bought a 2000 dyna wide glide. the guy i bought it from didnt seem too mechanically inclined so i think he took it to harley for all the maintenance. i was doing some research on the 1450 motor thats in it and thats when i found out about the cam chain tensioner problems! kinda had me freakin at first because evidently harley doesnt consider this normal maintenance. the speedo is broken and he says he thinks it has about 80,000 miles on it but it runs like a sewing machine, so i opened it up and inspected the tensioners and to my surprise they were like brand new! it only took me about an hour to do it and man do i feel better about riding it now!! so if your like me without a lot of cash to burn just sit down next to it while its on the stand and take off the exhaust pipe,cet out an allen wrench and do an inspection! also hardly no oil loss because of the it leaning the other way! also while its apart you can inspect the chains and everything else thats in there! i,m beginning to think the guy got his zeros mixed up on the mileage and it only has 8000 miles on it not 80,000. you know how some people cant read numbers correctly especially if your a heavy vodka drinker like he is!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back