free website stats program *Twin Cam CV Carb Rejet Suggestions | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

*Twin Cam CV Carb Rejet Suggestions

Would this jetting set up work for me?

Looking at AC kits for my '93 FLHTC and figured I would get an Arlen Ness big sucker stage 1. I was wondering what jetting I would need with this AC and Rinehart True Duals. As far as I know the motor is stock with around 52,000 miles on it.
I also feel I will run lean if I just install this breather with this exhaust. As it is now, the bike is very cold blooded and when cold will not take any throttle without the enrichener on. Long warm up before I can even move the throttle. Stalls the engine with any throttle movement.
It was mentioned to me earlier that I may need a bigger pilot jet so am now looking at removing the carb this winter for cleaning and re-jetting.

Glenn

Hello !

Up to what thickness can I add washers under the needle ? .100 in, or more ?

The washers come in .025" thickness and I have never added more than three. You have to be careful when shimming the needle so that you don't shim it so much that it pops out of the needle jet at WOT; bad juju.:rofl

The washers come in .025" thickness and I have never added more than three. You have to be careful when shimming the needle so that you don't shim it so much that it pops out of the needle jet at WOT; bad juju.:rofl
Best to go to the next richer needle rather than use a lot of shims.

'05 Road King with SE air filter and Rinehart exhaust had a noticeable sneeze or pop on very light acceleration, especially after coasting. The carb had a 48 pilot jet and 185 main. I installed the "sportster" needle and it instantly became as near as PERFECT as I could tell without dyno testing it. Quicker warmup, no sneeze, tractable and pulls hard at all throttle openings.

Back