free website stats program *Twin Cam CV Carb Rejet Suggestions | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

*Twin Cam CV Carb Rejet Suggestions

After getting my Carb. re jetted my fuel mileage when to the pot. 33mpg is the best I get.. Help get my MPG back???

What was your mileage before? Since rejetting you have a bit more acceleration too so maybe the right hand is having more fun? As always better to have rich settings than lean JMO

I will have to check on what size jets are in it. Trying to stop the back firing thou the carb.

Check for mis alignment of the intake seals, and the spigot is in good shape No air leaks this will cause a lean condition and popping thru the carb also

Get back with us on jet sizes and anything on the bike that is not stock, Stage 1 etc.
Jack is dead on with an intake leak of any sort will lean the bike out tremendously. Check the intake manifold gaskets and the carb to manifold seal. Spray some wd40 around the intake gaskets while running and see if it increase the idle. If it does, they are leaking.

Bike seems alittle sluggish on start up
190 / 45 in now
Going to do the 46 / 190 and shim the needle when the parts show up

When I bought the Ez adjuster it came with a new rubber o ring.
How do I get the old one out with out messing something up

Straightleg

Bike seems alittle sluggish on start up
190 / 45 in now
Going to do the 46 / 190 and shim the needle when the parts show up

When I bought the Ez adjuster it came with a new rubber o ring.
How do I get the old one out with out messing something up

Straightleg

Use a small nail or the like with a little tiny bend in it at the end. You should be able to carefully pull it out. It dont take much of a barb at the end to get it. Bend the nail then cut it off very short.

Use a small nail or the like with a little tiny bend in it at the end. You should be able to carefully pull it out. It dont take much of a barb at the end to get it. Bend the nail then cut it off very short.

I keep a selection of sizes of paper clips in the shed for shaping into suitable tools when needed

Brian

Back