free website stats program Twin cam crankshaft side to side end play specs | Harley Davidson Forums

Twin cam crankshaft side to side end play specs

buddyrm

Just upgraded my TC88 to 103 using a HD stroker flywheel. Installed the lefty bearing and new thrust washers as per instructions. Torqued up the primary compensator and then noticed the side play. It was like .010-.012 inches. I rechecked the thrust washer, bearing etc.. It seems that the side to side play of the roller bearings within the outer race and the play between the thrust washers is that big. Is this normal? I know Timken bearings can be setup for .001-.003 side to side play but man are these bearings sloppy. Does anyone think that this will be an issue running the motor?

The inner race on the flywheel is obviously slightly larger than the roller bearings to prevent binding. I would guess .001-.002 ( for thermal expansion) and then there is the roller side to side movement in the outer race. All together it adds up to about .010. Can anyone confirm if this is OK?

Just upgraded my TC88 to 103 using a HD stroker flywheel. Installed the lefty bearing and new thrust washers as per instructions. Torqued up the primary compensator and then noticed the side play. It was like .010-.012 inches. I rechecked the thrust washer, bearing etc.. It seems that the side to side play of the roller bearings within the outer race and the play between the thrust washers is that big. Is this normal? I know Timken bearings can be setup for .001-.003 side to side play but man are these bearings sloppy. Does anyone think that this will be an issue running the motor?

The inner race on the flywheel is obviously slightly larger than the roller bearings to prevent binding. I would guess .001-.002 ( for thermal expansion) and then there is the roller side to side movement in the outer race. All together it adds up to about .010. Can anyone confirm if this is OK?

I think HD calls out for .003-.010 to me that is high JMO

Back