free website stats program twin cam case | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

twin cam case

My cases arrived from HD and they contained a surprise for me. I was under the impression that they had changed to a tapered bearing on sprocket shaft as an improvement such as the 1999 case had. I recieved a 2003 case which comes with straight roller installed on both sides and a kit with thrust washer and bearing ride for sprocket shaft. I just have to buy the dyna spacer to obtain proper end play. Having set preload on many tapered bearings on other equipment in my time I find it hard to believe straight roller bearings to be superior. Opinions?

I believe S&S makes a conversion to change the case back to timken tapered bearings. You might check on that and what it takes.
tourbox

I know it is a waste of time to whine but seeing as how this is an exchange case program it would seem they could have at least put the sleeve in the case and let me worry about installing the bearings. If I had known what they were going to send I would have removed sleeve from old case. Oh well, they shipped it quick and the price was fair which was another surprise.

Back