free website stats program Twin 88 Cam Cover Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Twin 88 Cam Cover Help

2001FLHT

I have a 2001 FLHT with a polished aluminum cam cover. I want to replace it with chrome. My original cover is solid behind the derby, and the chrome one has a plastic plug where a wire was connected. Does that matter?? The bolt patterns are the same. Should I take out the plug or leave it in??Thanks for your help.

Cam cover and derby are opposite sides of the motor. Please clarify what you are referring to, I assume the cam cover. What plastic plug and what wire. There's no ignition parts in the cam side any longer.

Cam cover and derby are opposite sides of the motor. Please clarify what you are referring to, I assume the cam cover. What plastic plug and what wire. There's no ignition parts in the cam side any longer.

Yes its the cam cover, not the derby. The chrome one that I have came off a 2002 and it does have a plug that a wiring harness went on. That is the only difference. I didn't know if that mattered..

Early TC88s had cam position sensors.The cover will work with or without it.Bolt it on and shine away.Oh and you mean the timing cover.:D

Back