free website stats program turning over engine | Harley Davidson Forums

turning over engine

gunnut

I have to keep my bike outside,under a good quality cover(breaking my heart this winter,)until I can build it a home.I'm sure I read somewher about turning the motor occasionally with out the plug caps on.I have battery tender hooked up,and check things daily.Question being,Did I read rite,and if so,what were the details,and is it really a good idea??Thanks guys,and a very Happy Xmas to you all:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers!!!

Recent threads on this same subject seem to indicate that there's no point in doing anything untill you are ready to go for a ride. Turning the engine over will put some drain on the battery (which the tender should replenish) without any real benefit to the engine - in fact, going by what others here have said, it might do more harm than good. I'm sure some others will jump in here with additional advice....

I have to keep my bike outside,under a good quality cover(breaking my heart this winter,)until I can build it a home.I'm sure I read somewher about turning the motor occasionally with out the plug caps on.I have battery tender hooked up,and check things daily.Question being,Did I read rite,and if so,what were the details,and is it really a good idea??Thanks guys,and a very Happy Xmas to you all:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers!!!
If it was me, I'd fog the cylinders with oil through plug holes while spinning engine.
(always make sure plug wires are well grounded when turning)
Plug exhaust pipes and wrap a plastic shopping bag over the air cleaner assembly to keep moisture (and critters) out. I would bring the seat inside
(critters again), or put a box of moth balls in the cover. Check for condensation build up a few times. Put a nice picture of the scoot as a screen saver and wait till spring.

If it was me, I'd fog the cylinders with oil through plug holes while spinning engine.
Plug exhaust pipes and wrap a plastic shopping bag over the air cleaner assembly to keep moisture (and critters) out. I would bring the seat inside
(critters again), or put a box of moth balls in the cover. Check for condensation build up a few times. Put a nice picture of the scoot as a screen saver and wait till spring.

Best advice is right here:s

Agreed!

Back