free website stats program Turn Signals? | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn Signals?

injunwil

i'm not sure if this belongs here, or not, because it's a request to help find an accessory that isn't Sportster specific.

i really really want to get rid of the big, goofy turn signals on my Sporty (atleast the ones on front). i can live with stock mirrors, for a while, but those grandpa lights have got to go.

i saw a Softail parked at walmart and fell in love with the signals, i didn't get a picture or catch the guy who owned the bike, so i'm hoping someone here will know what i'm talking about and where to find them.

i don't know the correct term for the piece that connects the two fork tubes. there's one above and one below the head light. hopefully i'm explaining the part, i'm referring to, good enough. well, under the bottom one, this guys had a small rectangular light with both directionals. it was short enough to fit in between the two fork tubes, but mounted to the part i'm talking about but don't know the name of.

anybody know where to find these?

thanx.

Injunwill, there are plenty of vendors of turnsignals, the key being if they are standard bulb types the installation will not affect the TSS/TSSM module, but if you use LED types, it may affect signalling operation unless you use the additional Load Equalizer module...FYI.

Küryakyn - Harley - Lighting -

Injunwill, there are plenty of vendors of turnsignals, the key being if they are standard bulb types the installation will not affect the TSS/TSSM module, but if you use LED types, it may affect signalling operation unless you use the additional Load Equalizer module...FYI.

Küryakyn - Harley - Lighting -

would there be any negative effect? i went from standard bulbs to LED's, on my Gixxer, and the only effect was that they blink alot faster. the guy included some inline resistors that he said would slow 'em down, but it never really bothered me. would it be a similar situation with the sporty?

btw - TRIPLE TREE is the term that was eluding me. the signal is one piece (right and left). it's a small rectangle that butts up against the bottom of the lower triple tree and perfectly fills the space in between the two tubes.

i have been searching every aftermarket site, i can find, and have never seen anything like this. if anybody knows where to find them, please clue me in.

i've already found the coolest REAR signals ever, but the rear ones don't bother me and aren't an issue til i have to put some bags on the bike. it's those front ones that are really getting to me.

i went from standard bulbs to LED's, on my Gixxer, and the only effect was they blinked alot faster than the stock bulbs. the guy who made them included some resistors, to slow them down, but it never bothered me. would it be a similar situation with the sporty?

btw - TRIPLE TREE is the term that was eluding me. this signal was one piece (left and right), it butt'd up against the bottom of the lower triple tree and perfectly filled the space in between the two fork tubes.

i've been looking at a ton of sites selling after market lighting (including the one you linked) and have NEVER seen anything like this. if anybody knows where they come from, please clue me in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I FOUND 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am thrilled to no end, they'r made by Pro 1. coolest front signals i've ever seen. i'll have some, soon :)

while looking for them, i found some seriously AWESOME rear signals, too - they're in the passenger pegs. unless someone, here, knows something i don't about why these two products should be avoided, i hope to own them both in the near future :D

Back