free website stats program Turn Signal | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn Signal

We had this discussion a while back and I believe the only way was to rewire the bike with a regular flasher and bypass the TSM. The turn signal is controlled by the TSM which cant be modified.

Is there a way to increase the amount of time the signals stay active?
Not sure what year we're talking about here, but there used to be a way to upgrade the older TSM to a late model one that had a longer flash time. I believe the change was around '02 or '03 that the TSM allowed almost twice as much flash time while moving before it cut off.

The signal time is computed by they vehicle speed sensor on the trans and TSM/TSSM so it is not adjustable. If you hold the button in longer as you ride when you activate the signal it will extend the time on.

Also the tilt sensor may cancel it sooner if you bend your bike in early. Whe straight up and pressing the button it stays on quite a long time at least 7-10 seconds, but in a curve before turning, the tilt detect may begin cancel it earlier than you want.

Gliders' method of holding the button down will extend timer start to when you release the button. Being only 5' 6" that thumb signal is a long reach for me.

On the bright side at least we dont have to remember to turn them off.Drives me crazy following a bike with its blinker on for 3 miles.

On the bright side at least we dont have to remember to turn them off.Drives me crazy following a bike with its blinker on for 3 miles.

+1 on that,how about the car that has their right blinker on for 10 miles then decides to swerve into the left lane with the right blinker still on.:52:

It's not only a timer.
It depend on the speed of the Sporster, the tilt also can stop them faster.
The TSM manage this information

Back