free website stats program turn signal works but not brake light | Harley Davidson Forums

turn signal works but not brake light

khandels

I have a 07 roadking that has been lowered. The right side brake light is out , but the right side turn signal works. Any ideas?

Have you checked the connectors and the light bulb to see how things look?

Or worst case scenario a wire got pinch/cut when it got lowered. But let's hope not, and it's just something isn't plugged in all the way.

Also, if it's the same bulb, some bulbs are fitted with two separate filaments -- one for brake and one for turn signal operation.

Without looking at everything, it's hard to tell.

Check to see if harness has been rubbed through under the rear fender....

If you have a stock RK the centre light is clearance/brake light and the outside lights are clearance/signal light I don't think there is anything wrong here.

If you have a stock RK the centre light is clearance/brake light and the outside lights are clearance/signal light I don't think there is anything wrong here.

There are some kits/mod that allow the turns to become a brake light too. I was thinking as 03HD is that maybe its just a bad dual filament bulb. I haven't a clue how this feature is achieved through the electrical part though.....

I added the kit to my softail a few years ago. It's just a plug that attaches to the existing harness, a very quick install and I love the extra lights, also function as running lights.

I added the kit to my softail a few years ago. It's just a plug that attaches to the existing harness, a very quick install and I love the extra lights, also function as running lights.

Like Gator says there's a "Y" harness (run/stop/turn kit) under the seat that converts the SINGLE element turn bulb ('07 newer) into a run/stop light as well. There may be a chafe or bad pin in the connector.

Back