free website stats program Turn signal relocation for 1200 custom | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn signal relocation for 1200 custom

goldman

I seen the other posts for layed back turn signal relocations but, I was told that 1200 customs you have to take off the rear wheel. Is this true? I have never pulled the wheel off. I am new to Harleys. does anyone have instructions?

why would you take the wheel off to relocate the turn signals?
but the bike on a jack and unweight the wheel and suspension, undo the top shock mounts and lift , this will leave the wheel on the ground and the fender in the air to allow access to the wiring and bolts holding everything in place to allow the relocation from the side of the fender to the lay back plate
tidy everything up lower the bike and do up the suspension bolts

As Hobbit said no need to remove the rear wheel when I did similar stuff on my sportster I jacked the bike so that the rear wheel was off the ground and I had sufficient clearance to get my hands and tools under the fender to get stuff moved

Brian

Hey Goldman, I literally just did this myself about a week ago. I have an 06 XL1200C. Look at my profile for pics. You DO NOT need to remove the rear wheel, although it helps to get the rear up off the ground so You can get your hands in the fender. You can check youtube for homemade lift kits that will cost less than 5 bucks.

I bought the HD Lay down license plate kit with turn signal relocation bar from my local HD dealer. PN 60215-06. Layback License Plate and Turn Signal Relocation Kit-60215-06 | Rear End Components Trim | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

follow the link above for the part. All I had to do was remove the turn signals from where they were, take off the supports, clip the connectors off the wires, re install new terminals, re install connectors, run the wire through the new bar, and new bar through the plate. it was fairly easy. However, COMMA, I DO NOT TRUST the little square sticker deals that came with it to hold my plate on the frame. NO WAY, so someone could just steal my tag?? nah. So I put my plate on the frame, marked where the holes are, and drilled holes in the frame. too easy.

So I started to remove the turn signals and cannot remove the turn signal housing. I removed the stud nut that holds the tail lights on the bike and pulled the wires through the housing like the directions say, but cannot but cannot get them to disconnect from the fender. Seem I would have to use a lot of force.

Back