free website stats program turn signal relocate | Harley Davidson Forums

turn signal relocate

jjwin98

Hi I just got a relocation kit from h-d the otherday. Do I need to remove the tank to get to the wiring or can i just lift it up some. Also should I put a line on the end of the plug for pulling the wire back.
Any help would be great
Thanks Jeff

When I did my 06 bob I had to take the tank off. There was no room to work unless the tank was off. The biggest pain is getting all the fuel out and then getting the fuel crossover line off one side. I ended up replacing the clamps on the crossover line with a pipe clamp.

Other than the tank it was pretty straight forward. My only advice is be really careful when tightening the torx bolts. I almost stripped the big ones on the fork because my bit wasnt in 100% square.

Follow the directions and the references in the service manual and you wont have any trouble, just work slow.

It was very tight, but I was able to reach the wires on my 07 SB without removing the tank completely. I unbolted and raised the tank about 2-3 ".

If you go this route remember to depressurize your fuel line before disconnecting. (disconnection of the fuel line is highly recommended because they tend to break very easily).

to depressurize just pull the fuel pump fuse and run the bike, also is there anything i have to do when it is back together as far as the fuel pump go`s
thanks again

Nothing but turn on the ignition.

Be sure not to lift the tank up more than a few inches or you will break the plastic fuel line end under the tank.

well i forgot to depressurize. was going good till tried to lift tank a little more than heard a pop smelled fuel so popped the quick connect off to stop fuel not sure if broke fuel line or not. will this cause a problem when done and starting the bike

Have to replace the line. It disconnects (separates) right under the tank , maybe about 6" long (have to lift up the tank to see it) It's a short piece of fuel line with pressure fittings on it. You need to get it from the dealer, that's why I posted above not to lift the tank too high it breaks.
Easy job to replace it but cost is about $45 for the line.

No problems when restarting, it just pressurizes when you turn the ignition on by itself.

I know should of listened but to late, now getting a new fuel line tomorrow after putting it on will I have a problems with air in the line since it is injected I don`t know much about fuel injection.
Thanks

I know should of listened but to late, now getting a new fuel line tomorrow after putting it on will I have a problems with air in the line since it is injected I don`t know much about fuel injection.
Thanks

No problems when restarting, it just pressurizes when you turn the ignition on by itself.

Thanks Glider youve been a big help!!!
It wasn`t too hard to put on except the fuel line thing but now I really know not to do that again

Back