free website stats program turn signal problems | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

turn signal problems

Dont have either. gonna check codes as soon as rain stops

Wow that's interesting. I thought the non location sensing Fob (clicker type) was standard equipment in 2007 (with the location sensing Fob optional)
Most folks I know that have the optional Fob said it came with the RunTurn signal plugin (like my 07 has)

I have heard of bikes running with the old clicker fobs if they were not activated.

When you say they came on, was it always when your first crank the engine or also after you have been riding?

Does it blink the same times each time, like maybe 6 times?

Just came back from dropping by a friend's place and a couple of old riders were there having a beer at his place. I asked them about your signal issue and that you were still checking to see if it was some sort of code issue.

One of them told me he had something like that a year ago when his bike was still under extended warranty. He said when he would turn on the bike the right turn signal came on. And if he pressed the left signal switch the emergency flashers came on. He said he took it to the dealer and they fixed it and told him it was the signal switch. He said he really had no idea what it really was, but that was what the dealer told him. He said if the bike had not been under warranty he would have probably been told it was the TSSM. My friend knows a mechanic that used to work at Harley and he said in reality it is almost never the TSSM. But that is the most expensive part. I'm sure all dealers are not this way, but just saying.

If you don't find you have a code issue you could check both switches. If the switches check out then I would search what Hoople said, maybe first check your fuse box to see if one is blown. If there is one blown, then check that circuit. Walmart has a great little multi-meter for $12.

Hopefully it will be something simple and you will be back on the road soon. I know personally that turn signal issues can be frustrating to track down.
Good luck with it.

Update:
Uh, I just re-read Hoople's post and it appears he was talking about the switch. I had misread it as referring to a short. Well in any case if it's not the switch then it could be a short ciruit and a clue to that could be in the fuse box.
Moderator please merge this post with my last.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for asking around about my signal issue. due to rain today i will try to look at it on sunday before the game. I will get on it as soon as I can. Will let the forum know how it goes . Thanks again

The code came up P0121 no code for that. Then I believe it gave me a part # code said Pn68921-07 did a google search for hd part#68921, search came up with turn signal module

Something is not right. Pn68921-07 is just the part number of the Host or device that sent the code. And yes #68921-07 is a TSM module. The thing is, "P" codes come from the ECM and not the turn signal module.

Are you sure about that code and the stream numbers after it.

My 07 FXDB has no tach. This how the codes go P-r SP S-none push odmeter button Pn 68921-07 comes up then SP-none i push odmeter 67478-04a comes up e- no response

Before jumping to any conclusions, I would check the following first,,

The way my 2009 signals work (and you are probably the same or close),, Battery positive goes to each hand control. When you push the Left turn signal switch, B+ is sent to Pin 8 of the TSM. When you push the Right turn signal switch, B+ is sent to Pin 7 of the TSM.

You Must first check to see if ANY (and I mean ANY) voltage exists on either pin when neither switch is pushed. I would disconnect the TSM connector. Turn on the ignition and see if you read ANY voltage on either pin 8 or 7 (in relationship to frame ground) when you are not pushing either the left or right turn signal switch. I bet you read something like a couple of volts on one of the pins and it is being fooled.. You don't need full 12 volts to activate a TSM logic state.

I don't have a service manual for your bike. Therefore look it up in order to double check the pins used on your year bike. They may or may not be the same. A wire from each turn signal switch goes to the TSM. Those are the wires you want to test.

If you can upload a pin out of your TSM, I can tell you step by step.

Back