free website stats program turn signal problems | Harley Davidson Forums

turn signal problems

takey1

Hello fellow riders. I have a 2007 Streetbob. The other day I fired the bike went for a ride and the left turn signal came on by itself. then both came on like cautoin lights. really weird. I got them to shut off but i am wondering if this is some sort of code . i do not have security system.

Hello fellow riders. I have a 2007 Streetbob. The other day I fired the bike went for a ride and the left turn signal came on by itself. then both came on like cautoin lights. really weird. I got them to shut off but i am wondering if this is some sort of code . i do not have security system.

Any way possible you may have hit the buttons by mistake at the same time to activate the 4 way flashers? 04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation - Harley Davidson Community check here for codes, hope this helps, Capital Jack

thanks jack. I failed to mention that they turned on when i started it up today, i never touched the signak switch

gonna try 1st thing in the morning. wish i would have thought of this sight earlier today. thanks again

yea then when i turned on right side leftside turned off. came back on , i turned on right side and both strated flashing like caution lights

If your clean on trouble codes like Jack suggested to check, you may want to test for a shorted (close) left turn switch. If the resistance is high and not dead shorted, when you push the right side, it would fake out the system to go into safety flasher mode because both switchs would now be in an active.low state.. Something to consider.

When you say -you don't have a security system- do you mean you don't have a siren or you don't have a key fob ?

I thought all 2007's came with a fob.

Back