free website stats program Turn signal problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn signal problem

harrisma2

I am having trouble finding out how to post. I just bought a 2001 Sportster 883 and the blinkers are missing on the front. The left blinker do not work when i am riding. Also i must continue to hit the blinker switch to make the right blinker work when riding. What do i have to do?
Thanks in advance!!!

Definitely use proper hand signals for now, but you have to get some front blinkers on the bike. Signal wiring works as a "system" and when any one is broke/damaged/missing it affects all four.

2001 Sportster brake light and turning signal

I just rode my newly purchased Harley 2001 Sportster around my complex and when i got home i noticed the brake light was out i assume because of the rattling. What can i do to correct this problem. Also i noticed that my right blinker has either a short or something cause it dont work when i am riding? Any solutions will help!

Turn signal module is looking for the wattage draw from at least 2 bulbs before it will flash
if the brake light is not working try changing the bulb 2 screws will take the lens off then twist and remove the bulb note the orientation of the posts on the bulb as it only fits one way

Brian

Back