free website stats program Turn Signal Passing Lamp Adjustment | Harley Davidson Forums

Turn Signal Passing Lamp Adjustment

jwquinn

Hello! I recently bought a set of fork mounted wind deflectors for my '12 Heritage. In the instructions, it says that "I may need to adjust or relocate" the turn signals in order to mount the deflectors so they don't hit the back of the turn signals. The stealer wants $125 bucks to do the job, but I'm just a tad reluctant to do that. Just a tad.
Anyhow, has anyone done this? Apparently, I need a 9/16ths cut-away deep socket to get around the wiring that passes through the bolt that mounts the passing lamp and turn signal to the light bar. I haven't been able to find one in all of my searching.

As always, any help is appreciated!

It's very easy to make your own. Only tools required are a cutoff wheel and a drill motor (or better, a die grinder). Buy a cheap deep well and cut a slot in the side, just wide enough for the wires to slip in. I made the one in pic in about 10 minutes. Even after adjusting the lamps, I had to "slightly" bend the deflector back.

Attachments

• passing lamp 9-16 cutaway socket.JPG
    passing lamp 9-16 cutaway socket.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 29
I want to add that it was tricky (for me) to get everything aligned perfectly, My right deflector still barely touches the crash bar at full lock, but everything looks good straight on.

Attachments

• 12 11 smaller.jpg
    12 11 smaller.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 21
ToolSM.jpg Pete - that looks good. I took your example and made the tool. I bought a cheap set of deep sockets at Harbor Freight and used a Dremel tool and a cut-off wheel create the slot. Took about a half hour. Thanks for the tip.

Attachments

• ToolSM.jpg
    ToolSM.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 21
Back