free website stats program turn signal issues | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

turn signal issues

Try the brake handle on the bars, then the foot brake and see if either one lights the brake light and go from there. If neither works the brake check the fuses.

is the fuse for the brake and tail lights seperate? I figured they would be one fuse.
I will check it out tonight.
It could also be the bulb. If just your brake light filament is burnt your tail light will work but your brake light won't.

It was a bad fuse.
next issue. the bike smells like the battery is gassing really bad. Enough that the garage has an odor something like grass fertilizer when I go out there in the mornings. Do the batterys start to gas when they are ready to die?
I wouldnt be surprised since it is almost 2 years old and sits dormant for 3 months out of the year.
Anyone had a strange odor coming from around the battery area?

It was a bad fuse.
next issue. the bike smells like the battery is gassing really bad. Enough that the garage has an odor something like grass fertilizer when I go out there in the mornings. Do the batterys start to gas when they are ready to die?
I wouldnt be surprised since it is almost 2 years old and sits dormant for 3 months out of the year.
Anyone had a strange odor coming from around the battery area?

If your bat. is giving off an odour either your bike is overcharging or the plates have shifted,shorting them .If there has not been any indication of overcharge I would get it out of the bike.However your blown fuse could indicate a charging problem such as the regulator

I just checked it and on my multi-meter is has 14.2 volts at idle on the battery terminals. Could it be the battery is just getting bad?

Last edited:
Back