free website stats program turn signal indicator | Harley Davidson Forums

turn signal indicator

mopar

I have a 2011 fatboy. When I turn on the signal to turn left or right, the indicator light on the dash blinks normal speed a couple of times then starts blinking fast. Is this normal? My wife's 2010 bike doesn't do this.

Also, while you're checking the bulbs, make sure there's some dielectric grease on the bulb(s) to make a nice/sealed connection. If it's not the bulb - time for a stop at the dealer for warranty repair. Good luck!

thanks Glider. that was quick. I checked the turnsignals front and rear, all seem to be working normal. just indicator blinkin faster than what seem normal. indicator act like one on a car when you connect trailer .

If you have installed LED turn signals recently and did not install a load limiter, this may also cause the probllem.

all the lights are stock with one exception, I have installed the HD deluxe aux light bar which came with new turn signals. That could be it. Turn signals work fine just the indicator lights on the dash that blink fast. My wife's 2010 Fatboy has the same lights and doesn't do this. I'll see what the dealer says.

Back