turn signal advise

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by dogcop727, Apr 19, 2009.

1. dogcop727

dogcop727 Member

I am wanting to clean the back of my bike up a bit by removing the turn signals. however not having rear signals may not be a smart idea with some of the clueless drivers out there. has anyone used the license plate frame that has the built in signals on it? worth the cash or just junk?

thanks dogcop727

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Check your local laws on that frame signal part. They have to be a certain distance away from the tail light or it may not pass inspection if you have one.

3. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Law here says you have to have turn signals on motorcycles built after 1978, I don't know what the laws are where you live.Could you post a pic of the bracket you are talking about? I would like to see it:D

4. dogcop727

dogcop727 Member

no problem here in Illinois. in fact we dont need signals as long as we use hand signals

hey steveo7 if you go to ebay under harley motorcycles and search for license plate frame or turn signals it will bring it up. starting price is around 30 buck on up

hey glider while i have your attention when u use pledge do u use it on ur pipes as well? i wiped mine down with the pledge and it wanted to smoke a bit when i started it up. didnt hurt a thing just smelled.

dogcop

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  5. glider

glider Veteran Member

Everything but leather and rubber. Never had a problem with it on the pipes either. Maybe you are using it too heavy?

6. dogcop727

dogcop727 Member

maybe i should have my wife do it. she always does a fine job on the furnature. hahaha

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Then what happens when it doesn't smoke then? :s

8. dogcop727

dogcop727 Member

she will want to ride it and make me walk