free website stats program Tuning of my softy | Harley Davidson Forums

Tuning of my softy

English Mike

Morning Guys

I need some help please. Bill has helped me out with some suggestions for tuning my 2005 softail HC and I am fortunate enough to have a local garage who basically chops for a living and has won many international awards. I have a budget of around £2000 ($3900) and he has suggested the following, can you tell me what you think please, I'd be really grateful.

'I’d suggest a 1550 conversion with a slightly increased compression ratio, also to upgrade the cams to gear driven eliminating all the complex chains and tensioners. This should give you a good spread of power throughout the rev range, with a tweak to the fuelling you’ll be good to go.

This should work fine with your current pipes and air filter arrangement but these could be changed later on if you felt that you wanted to squeeze a little more out of her.'

They have a good name so I feel fairly confident but just thought I would ask you guys before placing the order. I have recently replaced the standard slip-ons with SE2's and WOW!!!! Now she sounds like a HD:bigsmiley20:

Thanks in anticipation

English Mike

Howdy Mike

Good suggestions. The increase in CR will wake the bike up as well as the big bore conversion. The SE pipes will work well also but what intake are you running? The additional fuel will be re a requirement also as mentioned.
It sounds as if he is steering you straight about the upgrades and the elimination of the tensioners. Make sure he checks the runout on the crank before doing the gear drives or it will be a noisy conversion after it is done.

Ge'day .I'm new to this place and just getting the hang of things.Thius is my first err message so if you get it...I've got an 06Fatboy which I love.Taliking of Tuning I've just installed a complete, ThunderMax ECM and Sensors etc to reconfig to a Cloosed Loop System..Highly recomended.Pulls like a schoolboy and smooth as a sewing machine and getting better all the time.Good Luck Mike.Baloffski.

Ge'day .I'm new to this place and just getting the hang of things.Thius is my first err message so if you get it...I've got an 06Fatboy which I love.Taliking of Tuning I've just installed a complete, ThunderMax ECM and Sensors etc to reconfig to a Cloosed Loop System..Highly recomended.Pulls like a schoolboy and smooth as a sewing machine and getting better all the time.Good Luck Mike.Baloffski.

Mick

I'm no expert, can you explain in a bit more detail and is this easily available in the UK?

Cheers. Oh and a huge welcome, this has to be the absolute in HD forums.

Mike

Back