free website stats program Tunes | Harley Davidson Forums

Tunes

chuck60

I am looking to hook up a sound system to my road king, thinking about the audio boom system that goes on the windshield. does anyone have this system, if so can you let me know how it sounds. if you're using something else, I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks Charlie

Not sure if your referring to the Boom! Audio Cruiser Amp and Speaker Kit p/n: 76320-08A that fits your ride which mounts to the handlebars and provides an aux input jack for an iPod, phone, etc. I haven't personally used it but one of the local dealers had a display stand with it hooked up and it sounded o.k. considering the size of the speakers. There are other 3rd party solutions out there too. I'm sure somebody here uses one and they can probably give you real world experience.

This maybe way out of the box. But here goes. What type of helmet do you use and could you attach a blue tooth component to it and use the tunes from your smart phone???? Then if you desired to remove windshield for any reason you still have tunes.

This maybe way out of the box. But here goes. What type of helmet do you use and could you attach a blue tooth component to it and use the tunes from your smart phone???? Then if you desired to remove windshield for any reason you still have tunes.

This is illegal in many states - check your local laws and also those of any states you plan to ride in.

FL law actually permits it for motorcycles and I've seen a lot of states that generally say you can't wear headphones in cars but have some sort of one ear exemption for motorcycle use.

(2) This section does not apply to:
(a) Any law enforcement officer equipped with any communication device necessary in performing his or her assigned duties or to any emergency vehicle operator equipped with any ear protection device.
(b) Any applicant for a license to operate a motorcycle while taking the examination required by s. 322.12(5).
(c) Any person operating a motorcycle who is using a headset that is installed in a helmet and worn so as to prevent the speakers from making direct contact with the user’s ears so that the user can hear surrounding sounds.

Back