free website stats program Tunes on a Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Tunes on a Road King

rkrdr2

Has anyone tried the MP3/speaker systems from cycle sounds on their Road King ? Cycle Sounds, Motorcycle Accessories I saw a Road King @ a rally on Saturday that had the 3 inch speakers mounted with the chrome grills and it really looked good. I stalked the bike for quite some time hoping the owner would show up so I could hear it but nobody showed. You get a lot more wind noise on a Road King than the fairing bikes,I was thinking it would have to be really good system just so you could hear it at highway speeds,just wondering if it's worth the $$$$.

yes i had one on my 01 road king.worked o.k up to about 70-75 then it was pretty hard to hear. ended up getting kuryakyn p clamps and mounting the speakers down by the fork lock that seemed to help alot. the company also told me that the sound also depends alot on the quality of the mp3 player

I have tried everything and at hwy speeds small speakers are not going to work. If you are just trying to get something for the side of the road then maybe... I have an ultra classic trike and after several attemps and more money than I care to say I now can hear my tunes at 90 just as clear as if I were in my truck... I'm running the stock 06 stereo with 2- 6 1/4 " Biketronic speakers in the fairing and 2- 6"X9" marine grade speakers in the lower fairings with a custom bracket that replaces the glove box... Also had to add a 150 watt amp. from Hawg Wired. With all that said you may get an OK sound from the smaller systems made for the Road King but don't expect to much....

Thanks for the replies...It is hard to believe you can get any kind of range out of a 3in speaker probably has no bass...and how would you keep the I-pod charged....Oh well I will just have to keep listening to the Hooker Tuned Flow band coming out the back.....they always sound good!

I did the Kuryakyn Sound of Chrome set up. Like the other ones, they were pretty good up to about 70-75 (less if really windy).

But I liked them better then Cycle Sounds just because of the volume on the speaker and mp3 inputs. Yes, the quality of your mp3 player, but more importantly, the quality of your recording makes a big difference in how they work.

If you don't want to put a fairing on your ride, its the next best alternative.

If I'm cruisin a good twisty 2 lane or just some 2 lane back road, they got plenty loud. No bass, but my stock Ultra stereo doesn't get the best bass either.

Back