free website stats program Tuners...Tuners...Tuners | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tuners...Tuners...Tuners

TTS Mastertune replaced and upgraded the SERT; don't bother with the SERT, the TTS is better technology, much more user friendly and includes the VTune feature for "self" tuning.

Power Vision is very similar, both are speed/density tuners and do not "live" on the motorcycle; both reprogram the ECM but retain the stock configuration should you ever need to return to stock, both are "married" to the motorcycle but the TTS can be used on two motorcycles.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the TTS or Power Vision but going to the SERT or Power Commander is going backwards. Talk to your local tuner, hopefully, not a dealer, and see what the tuner is familiar and comfortable with.

BTW, H-D had nothing to do with the development of the SERT; that was Steve Cole. The MoCo ended their contract with Steve when they figured out that they could replicate his software on their own. That is when Steve upgraded and improved the SERT to the TTS system.:cheers

What tuner is best is like asking what oil is the best. You'll get a wide variety of opinions, some based on experience and some not. What you have to decide is what do you expect out of a tuner, how user friendly is it and what is the cost vs expectation. I can only speak on what I've used, that being the SE pro race tuner. For my build and what I was trying to accomplish the SE pro tuner was what I was looking for and the price was unbeatable.

What tuner is best is like asking what oil is the best.
so what is the best oil Jeff ?? J/K

ive used PC/TFI/Vance and Hines/Pro SERT as at the time they were what i could get affordably in the UK

The new SERT software has a simialr function to the TTS Mastertune's Vtune in what HD call Smart tune and is basically using the SERT BOX as a data logger for approx 30mins riding, you then load it up and the software analysis's it and makes alterations to cover the bases on the VE tables.
Having not seen or used the TTS system i cant say - but my last convo with Steve Cole was that the TTS system goes deeper into the ECM and also stores the base map so you can return to stock as and when you want (NOT THAT I WOULD LOL)

Horses of courses the TTS/SERT are now very much closer in terms of what they do (you can bet HD reverse engineered the bits they were missing from the TTS)

shipping kills the TTS for me as out customs clobber you with massive taxes on both the cost and shipping :(

@ Dolt - just a minor correction, if you will. My Power Vision stays on my bike unless I'm washing it. It stays plugged into the data port and gives me real-time information while I'm riding. It's like having 6 extra gauges that I can change at any time. Currently I'm reading mpg, battery voltage, fuel ratio (Lambda) RPM (far more accurate than the stock tach on the speedo cluster) Engine temp, and Intake Air Temp. It wasn't cheap though, but well worth the money. I haven't played around with the TTS, but I don't think I've seen a bad review. Stay safe! :D

@ Dolt - just a minor correction, if you will. My Power Vision stays on my bike unless I'm washing it. It stays plugged into the data port and gives me real-time information while I'm riding. It's like having 6 extra gauges that I can change at any time. Currently I'm reading mpg, battery voltage, fuel ratio (Lambda) RPM (far more accurate than the stock tach on the speedo cluster) Engine temp, and Intake Air Temp. It wasn't cheap though, but well worth the money. I haven't played around with the TTS, but I don't think I've seen a bad review. Stay safe! :D

You got pictures of how you mounted it to your bike? Not sure if it would fit on a 2014 Ultra Classic. Not alot of room on the handbars.

I have to agree with Dolt. I got a TTS tuner put on my ride after the HD dealership here couldn't remember or find if they did a stage 1 download. The bike ran terrible so I took it to the HD dealer in Fargo ND and they installed the TTS and dynoed it. The bike has run like a peach ever since and I've never had to hook-up the TTS since. I highly recommend it. When Steve Cole designed the Sert for Harley way back when and then they threw him under the bus, do you not think when he went on his own he wouldn't have improved on what he had built for Harley? I do.

I have to agree with Dolt. I got a TTS tuner put on my ride after the HD dealership here couldn't remember or find if they did a stage 1 download. The bike ran terrible so I took it to the HD dealer in Fargo ND and they installed the TTS and dynoed it. The bike has run like a peach ever since and I've never had to hook-up the TTS since. I highly recommend it. When Steve Cole designed the Sert for Harley way back when and then they threw him under the bus, do you not think when he went on his own he wouldn't have improved on what he had built for Harley? I do.

he did improve but technology only goes so far before others catch up or manufacturers change the game, i would be using TTS as Steves customer care and maps are better than HD (or were) but all the bikes of used to dyno and run the SERT on run perfectly - remember tho HD - do 2 versions of the tuner - the Street tuner - good for base map flash only and the Pro Race tuner with access to all the tuning variables including timing, Spark duration, injector pulse width and so on, all there to boggle the mind of the unwary - and with correct parts you can make almost any HD scream had have the performance to ruin a sports bikes day (120hp and 147ft/lb RW Dyno'd on a 103 they said wouldnt work, using a SERT)

Correction? Really? Once the ECM is re-programmed, the unit can be detached and stored until a re-tune is necessary or the unit can be mounted to the bars as you have done. However, the unit does not have to live on the motorcycle, which is what I said. Mounting the unit to the bars is a personal choice. A flash tuner, by definition, does not need to live on the motorcycle. Personally, the less "stuff" I have hanging on my bars, the better I like it; like I said, a personal choice.:s

Back