free website stats program tuner ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

tuner ?

When I said Rev-Limiter,,,,, I did mean one built into the Map used...

I know that the 09 bikes have a Kick-out on the Cruise to kick out at 81/82 mph.... The different than stock 09 map i put into my bike, now kicks out at 90 mph...

SO there MIGHT be a Map problem not a tuner problem....

I know I am comparing A Different function event in the map but it May be just the same type of thing. Maps are totally different from one another, Using your tuner to input them into the bike. and your map you are using right now MIGHT be the culprit.

TRY another map in the bike JUST to see IF...

signed....BUBBIE

Could it be a speed limiter I am aware that most speed limiters kick in at 250 kph that is 155 mph with a speedo variance of a permissible 10% bike speedo could be registering 155 mph when actual is 140 mph
Sport bike speed limiter is set at 300 kph about 188 mph
There is no legislation for speed limiters it is just a gentleman's agreement between companies to limit top speed on vehicles to help sway governments away from legislating much lower top speeds

Brian

The highest rpm I've heard a SE tuner will go is 6,200. 6,200 rpm on your model bike with stock gearing would be 117 mph in 4th, and 137 in 5th. Unless you have a LOT more done than just the SE tuner, your speed sensor is faulty and needs replacing, because a close to stock engine with a batwing won't push that much air.

harttoo- auto meter pro cycle speedo...
i have tapped the rev limiter a few times and it is not the same affect as at high speed...
bubbie that is a good idea about the map, i will have to check into that..i was thinking about getting the disc for my laptop as you did, how user friendly was it ?
you guys act like im driving down the road for miles at a time and every day at 140...
every once in a while i just like to twist the throttle is all... .and the main issue i am having is not the ability to go faster than 140 on the street, it is i am not able to tune my bike to optimum because the speed cuts out before the rev limiter hits or the dyno chart plateau's/nose dives.....

We'll my breakout will do 164 MPH on they dyno before it hit the rev-limiter. I only got the bike up to 125 mph on the street. I don't think I can hit the rev in 6th gear. Humm...

I have never had a stock Harley run faster than 115mph..my new 2014 with a few mods will go just over 125mph then it is done

Sure Sounds like the Rev-Limiter to me... 140 you say?

OH Wait, I'll go try it on my 09 103" Hot Built and see....

I do have the SE Pro Tuner on My Bike also...

THE Fix it is Simple:

Don't Twist the Right Wrist so far and for such a long time.:s

signed....BUBBIE

OH Yes, Welcome to HDTimeline.:newsmile01:

I thought you are using Dobeck products...? So would you mind telling us why? Thanks!

Back