free website stats program Tuner vs. Power Commander | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Tuner vs. Power Commander

i have had the TFI installed on my 05 ultra for 5 yrs. i was getting only 30-33 mpg! i talk to the manufacture and they said i had a bad temp. sensor, i changed it and it did not help. i talked to someone else there and they said that i may have the wrong model installed in my bike, there is NO way to tell by looking at them. The tech had me make an adjustment and it seemed to help somewhat, i am getting a little better mileage but still popping when i let off the throttle. Before i made this adjustment i had my bike put on the dyno and it was VERY rich after it got ove about 1800 rpm. it seems a little better but this Sat. i have set an appointment to have the harley screaming eagle super tuner installed it will cost about $800, which is about equal to the $ i have spent on extra fuel over the last 30,000 miles. i will let you know after a couple of weeks if i like my new changes. bye the way if anyone wants to buy a used TFI let me know.

i have had the TFI installed on my 05 ultra for 5 yrs. i was getting only 30-33 mpg! i talk to the manufacture and they said i had a bad temp. sensor, i changed it and it did not help. i talked to someone else there and they said that i may have the wrong model installed in my bike, there is NO way to tell by looking at them. The tech had me make an adjustment and it seemed to help somewhat, i am getting a little better mileage but still popping when i let off the throttle. Before i made this adjustment i had my bike put on the dyno and it was VERY rich after it got ove about 1800 rpm. it seems a little better but this Sat. i have set an appointment to have the harley screaming eagle super tuner installed it will cost about $800, which is about equal to the $ i have spent on extra fuel over the last 30,000 miles. i will let you know after a couple of weeks if i like my new changes. bye the way if anyone wants to buy a used TFI let me know.

It will be interested to see how it goes. I only get about 37mpg(I have never got 40). When I ride with people with similar bikes, seems to be the norm. So if you are doing better then 33mpg right now. You may not see a huge mpg increase.

I am having my bike dyno tuned. I pick it up tomorrow. I good dyno tune is the best in my opinion. The first time I had it dyno'd tuned I had cams installed. But the tune really cooled the bike down. I cracked my rear headpipe and installed true duals. So that is why I am having it done again.

For 800 bucks you could buy the TTS Mastertune and dyno tune.

i finally got to test out my bike after switching from the TFI to the Sreaming Eagle Race Tuner. on the dyno it added 9 hp. and more torque. my bike runs Way better! i did not tell the guys that i ride with that i was doing this, after this weekend they all know something has changed. The guys that used to keep up don't even come close. When they did the set-up on the dyno they set the rev limiter to 6500rpm rather than the factory setting of 5500rpm. Let me tell you guys this extra 1000 rpm makes a BIG difference when racing your buddy. i am very happy that i made the switch. my fuel mileage has gone up as well but at this time i am not sure just how much.

After a lot of reading on this forum, and talking with friends, here is what I did. I replaced my stock head pipes with Vance and Hines Power Duals, then put on Vance and Hines Hi Out Put slip on's, installed a Hig Flow Air Cleaner (K&N filter) then installed a Power Commander V, with a download from Fuel Moto. The ride is great! The heat issues are no longer, and the sound is a nice low rumble...Could not be happier! Good luck!

Sounds almost identical to my setup. Only diference is that I went with the V&H Monster Ovals. Bike runs great and it really did fix those heat issues!

2010 utra limited 113 upgrade, se266e cams ,58 mil throttle body , heavy breather , Rinehart true duals and pipes, race tuner. it took between 6 to 8 hrs to tune. 13.2 fuel mix across the board. 120.4 hp and 128 ft lbs torqe. love love love it. next step is chain drive conversion.

It will be interested to see how it goes. I only get about 37mpg(I have never got 40). When I ride with people with similar bikes, seems to be the norm. So if you are doing better then 33mpg right now. You may not see a huge mpg increase.

I am having my bike dyno tuned. I pick it up tomorrow. I good dyno tune is the best in my opinion. The first time I had it dyno'd tuned I had cams installed. But the tune really cooled the bike down. I cracked my rear headpipe and installed true duals. So that is why I am having it done again.

For 800 bucks you could buy the TTS Mastertune and dyno tune.

After getting the bike back from dyno tune, it is running better then ever. The true duals did not hurt performance at all(but it had to be tuned, the before showed problems). The dyno sheet from when I had it tuned with the stock head pipes and the dyno sheet with true duals are almost identical. Torque curve looks like a top hat. Bike runs cool. I know my exact air fuel ratio(it's perfect). Making 79 or 80 HP and 91 or 92 ft pounds of tourqe. Not bad for a 88" stock engine (besides exhaust,air cleaner, gear drive and cams). I have taken a 2000 mile road trip since getting it back, gas mileage was between 37 to 40, best I have ever gotten. Worth every penny.

Back