Tuner or not?

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by hd fat king, May 21, 2011.

1. hd fat king

hd fat king Member

I have a 2011 Road King FLHR and currently have the HD Stage 1 air intake on it. Going to put a set of 4" Rinehart Slip ons on it next week. Have no other mods to the engine and was wondering if I need a tuner or not since I am only doing slip ons and not a full header system? Their website says that there is no remapping necessary for 09-11 models with their slip ons. Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks.

2. hd fat king

hd fat king Member

Smitty 901, thanks for the reply. You raise a good point. is the tuner your referring to the one from Dobeck Performance? It's not a down loader type right, it seems like an in line plug and program module? Thanks!

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

I agree with Smitty completely here. TFI is the way to go, it wakes the bike up and cools it a bit too. The TFI is a plug and play unit, no downloading necessary.

4. hd fat king

hd fat king Member

Thanks glider. Appreciate the input. Been reading their website and sounds pretty easy and affordable. Will probably go that route when I get my slip ons in. Thanks for all the help!

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

6. hd fat king

hd fat king Member

Yea, definitely can't do that:newsmile07:. TFI it is. Thanks for all the input!