free website stats program Tuner or not? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tuner or not?

I have a 2011 Road King FLHR and currently have the HD Stage 1 air intake on it. Going to put a set of 4" Rinehart Slip ons on it next week. Have no other mods to the engine and was wondering if I need a tuner or not since I am only doing slip ons and not a full header system? Their website says that there is no remapping necessary for 09-11 models with their slip ons. Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Smitty 901, thanks for the reply. You raise a good point. is the tuner your referring to the one from Dobeck Performance? It's not a down loader type right, it seems like an in line plug and program module? Thanks!

Not required and the bike will run fine.
The issue is this you spent a fair amount of the mods why not get what you expect out of them.
A Unit like the TFI is priced right easy to install and set up.
It will insure a bit more fuel to over come a slightly lean stock condition and make better use of the mods you just spent the cash on.
But a fancy high end tuner or a Dyno tune no waste of money for most.

I agree with Smitty completely here. TFI is the way to go, it wakes the bike up and cools it a bit too. The TFI is a plug and play unit, no downloading necessary.

Thanks glider. Appreciate the input. Been reading their website and sounds pretty easy and affordable. Will probably go that route when I get my slip ons in. Thanks for all the help!

Back