free website stats program Tuesday, October 27, 2009...Yahoo! or is it Yeehaw? | Harley Davidson Forums

Tuesday, October 27, 2009...Yahoo! or is it Yeehaw?

jdatbs

Gotta tell this to somebody~
Broke my ankle in a crash on Jan. 9th this year. Been on crutches ever since. Still have to have two more surgeries! But I am able to put some weight on the left foot now, even though the guy who did the initial surgery messed it up. So today...
My left foot is kinda pointed out at a 45 degree angle. I couldn't get it under the shifter peg. So I removed it and installed a regular foot peg. Looks rubbish but sticks way out far enough to get my foot under it.
And for the first time since January 9th, I WENT FOR A RIDE!!!!! Let's see...that was 290 days without riding. No wonder I've been sick. And today would have been the 291st.
Don't mean to lay all my personal stuff on you but I figure the people here would understand better than anyone else....

Last edited by a moderator:
Take care of that ankle and don't stress it. Careful on the bike, you don't want to get in a situation where you have to react quickly and loose control because your ankle wasn't strong enough to support you and the bike. Stuff happens so take care.
kemo

Tanks, Tank. (edit), 2 years. I guess I can't complain. And Im not doing any serious riding. Just wanted to get on the thing. Missed the simplicity of riding down the road to the gas station, out in the open, hearing, seeing, smelling everything....

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, your body will react naturally and even if you think you can hack it, your ankle will give way and you'll lay it down or something even worse if you're moving quickly.

Just so everyone knows, I didn't say "Rubbish." I said something else. I guess I said something that's not allowed on the board. But "rubbish" would not have been my choice of words. I mean, you could say it "looks like rubbish," meaning it looks like trash. But the way it's been inserted in there suggests "rub-bish" as in "like a "rich urban biker." Which unfortunately I am not. Plus a rich urban biker would have paid a custom shop thousands of dollars to put something really flashy on there. I probably would have said something like "ratty." I'll post a pic and maybe we can have a contest on what my shifter set up really looks like. I kinda like it....
Happy Friday!!!
JD

Just so everyone knows, I didn't say "Rubbish." I said something else. I guess I said something that's not allowed on the board. But "rubbish" would not have been my choice of words. I mean, you could say it "looks like rubbish," meaning it looks like trash. But the way it's been inserted in there suggests "rub-bish" as in "like a "rich urban biker." Which unfortunately I am not. Plus a rich urban biker would have paid a custom shop thousands of dollars to put something really flashy on there. I probably would have said something like "ratty." I'll post a pic and maybe we can have a contest on what my shifter set up really looks like. I kinda like it....
Happy Friday!!!
JD

What was the point here? :lolrolling

Happy Friday!!!
JD

Did you thank Hobbit for keeping you out of hot water? :cheers

Back