free website stats program tubes or tubeless | Harley Davidson Forums

tubes or tubeless

bigbubba402

Ok now i am totaly confused.In reading the forums it says spoke wheels have tubes.Now on looking at my 02 ultra classic the tires say tubeless and i have spoked wheels.Am i looking at this wrong i would think that tubeless tires should not have a tube.Or are there some spoked wheels that do not need tubes? The tires have never went soft im just trying to understand.....Thanks in advance

I am sure others will chime in but here is my opinion.

I think HD tires are rated for each bike. Since some bikes can have solid wheels that can be run tubeless and the same bike could have stock spoked wheels, the tire will work with either one.

I am no tire guy but I believe the tubless designation has something to do with the ability to seal and hold air whereas a tube type tire if there even is one, would not have that designation.

In my opinion, running tubes in a tubless tire is no problem at all.

I am sure others will chime in but here is my opinion.

I think HD tires are rated for each bike. Since some bikes can have solid wheels that can be run tubeless and the same bike could have stock spoked wheels, the tire will work with either one.

I am no tire guy but I believe the tubless designation has something to do with the ability to seal and hold air whereas a tube type tire if there even is one, would not have that designation.

In my opinion, running tubes in a tubless tire is no problem at all.

Well put, I agree. I put new tires on my RKC and at the same time changed out my front wheel for a 60 spoke chrome tubeless wheel. I left the stock rear wheel because you really can't se it with the bags anyway. I am now running a tubless front, a tubed rear and both tires are marked tubeless.

Per a previous post of mine, the tires on my 09 Ultra Classic have the word Tubeless embossed on the wall of the tire. However, I have Laced Spoke rims with tubes. I was told by the Dealer that the tires are marked this way because the can be used in both applications; with/without tubed rims/wheels.

Back