free website stats program tubeless tire for tubed spoke wheel? | Harley Davidson Forums

tubeless tire for tubed spoke wheel?

billyd1

I just recieved a D407 rear tire for my RKC, (spoked wheels) and it says tubeless on it. Is there any difference as mine of course requires a tube?

There is no harm in stacking a tubeless tire with a tube. At least in the automotive world, it is OK to do that. I see no reason why you could not in the Bike world.

My 2009 Ultra Classic was delivered with Spoked/Tubed tires and the tires have TUBELESS written on them. Apparently the tires can be used either way, at least that's what the dealer told me.

Thanks guys. This is my first tire change on the rear and that's the news I was hoping for. Glad I don't have to ship it back :D

I got home and looked at the original d407 (180 size) on my '09 RKC and it says tubless also so Cyclops hit the nail on the head. These particular tires work with either spoked or tubeless rims. Again thanks for your responses.:14:

Also advised to use a new tube and a rim strip with a tire change.
kemo
Done. I cringe enough at the thought of a blow out at speed. I definately don't want to cut any corners and increase the odds although when I was young.......:D.

i know this post has been resolved but i just thought i would add, that most tires today will say tubeless on the sidewall (motorcycle and automotive) where some older tires required a tube regardless of the style of wheel.

Back