free website stats program tubeless on wire rim? | Harley Davidson Forums

tubeless on wire rim?

Yes you can. But when getting your tube you need to know whether the valve stem placement on the rim is center hole or off set. unless you already have the rim and tube.
tourbox

Can a tubeless type tire be used on a wire rim if you put a tube in it ?

Yes you can. But when getting your tube you need to know whether the valve stem placement on the rim is center hole or off set. unless you already have the rim and tube.
tourbox

:sDont forget a new rim strip to protect the tube:s

I think almost all motorcycle tyres for use on the road in this day and age are tubeless i always took the tubeless designation is that the tyre could be used in a tubeless application where appropriate

Brian

I have a spoked rim that I thought would need a tube but when I was changing the tire I saw that the previous owner put some kind of hardened epoxy over the inside of the wheel completely sealing it. Apparently I don't need a tube at all anymore but I put one in anyways because I figure if I get a nail or something I can just replace the tube rather than $160 tire.
WAP.gif

Thank you all for for your insight . I feel confident with the order I placed today from J&P for tires front and back with tubes (metal stems) and rim liners and new rotor for rear break.I did have to double check on the position of the valve stems. Got free shipping for presidents day.Total cost only $195 :newsmile093::

All the reviews I read about these tires were positive. Shinko 100/90-19 $46.99 130/90-16 $57.99 rotor $42.99 rim strips $1.99 ea inner tubes $14.99 and$13.99 My project is a 1985 fxrs that was rode hard and put away wet 2 plus years ago . It has a non cv carb Im having trouble with. It will stall out when I try to open the choke. Any suggestions would be appreciated . Thank you Carl

All the reviews I read about these tires were positive. Shinko 100/90-19 $46.99 130/90-16 $57.99 rotor $42.99 rim strips $1.99 ea inner tubes $14.99 and$13.99 My project is a 1985 fxrs that was rode hard and put away wet 2 plus years ago . It has a non cv carb Im having trouble with. It will stall out when I try to open the choke. Any suggestions would be appreciated . Thank you Carl

If you can, remove the float bowl and clean it out good. Try some Sea Foam in the tank to clean it out

Did you check the weight ratings on each tire? I would think an '85 FXRS would be around 600-650 lbs. but could be wrong.None the less you already ordered them.
Something to think about next time.
tourbox

Back