free website stats program Tube Into Tubeless Rim and Tire | Harley Davidson Forums

Tube Into Tubeless Rim and Tire

toodawgsranch

I have a '97 RoadKing with stock tubeless cast wheels. I put new HD Dunlops on and the rear tire slow leaks from around the bead in places. Had it taken apart and the bead on the rim cleaned up but still a slow leak. :bigsmiley15: Is it possible to just put a tube in to deal with this problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes you can . Just be aware of the valve placement & type. I.E., center,off set or even a 90 deg. I wouldn't put a 90deg. though.. A local shop or HD dealer should be able to help.
tourbox

IMO you would be better off to pull the tire off one more time. Clean it up again and apply a small amount of bead sealer on it. Tubes create friction and if you ride hard they heat the tire up quicker and they have a higher failure rate than a properly mounted tubeless tire.

IMO you would be better off to pull the tire off one more time. Clean it up again and apply a small amount of bead sealer on it. Tubes create friction and if you ride hard they heat the tire up quicker and they have a higher failure rate than a properly mounted tubeless tire.

This is excellent advice. Use a buffing wire wheel to clean aluminum up. This corrected the rear wheel on my 2008 EG...

If you clean the bead area real good, use bead sealer or Brake fluid on the bead area of the tire. I have sealed many bead leakers this way

Back