free website stats program TSSM will not disarm '06 Dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

TSSM will not disarm '06 Dyna

IBSandy1

Hello all,

I am new to the Forum & have a question regarding my '06 Street Bob & the factory TSSM/Secutity system. After installing the entire system, TSSM, Key Fob, Smart Siren & Pager, my alarm will not stay unarmed.

When I double click the fob, the alarm disarms for about 30 seconds, then rearms by itself. I have done the diagnostics with the speedometer & gone through all of the tests however, the system continues to rearm itself. And, the bike does start & run just fine.

Also, every part # that I got during diagnostics matches the proper year for my H-D. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

After a little more reading, itseems that my system enters "Auto On" which should be a feature of '07 & later H-D's. I did not have a choice when I installed it but am wondering if I have to go to a Dealer to uninstall this less than desirable feature. Your thoughts??

Many thanks,

IBSandy1

Last edited:
Hello all,

I am new to the Forum & have a question regarding my '06 Street Bob & the factory TSSM/Secutity system. After installing the entire system, TSSM, Key Fob, Smart Siren & Pager, my alarm will not stay unarmed.

When I double click the fob, the alarm disarms for about 30 seconds, then rearms by itself. I have done the diagnostics with the speedometer & gone through all of the tests however, the system continues to rearm itself. And, the bike does start & run just fine.

Also, every part # that I got during diagnostics matches the proper year for my H-D. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

IBSandy1

Welcome to HDTimeline, IBSandy1 :D - I think your International version automatically arms in 30 seconds...and you cannot change this unless you get the USA version which is configurable. I think there are others that will weigh-in on this.

I appreciate the feedback & you are correct about the International version however, I have the North American version # 68207-00D & according to H-D the TSSM is the correct one for 04-06 Dyna models.

Many thanks,
Sandy

p.s. sorry about the double answer, still new here.

Last edited:
You may have to take the bike and FOB to the dealer so they can program the FOB to the system which is usually the case with a new installation.

Have you tried this?

Marrying New TSSM To Bike - Harley Davidson Community

glider,

Yes, I performed the above installation according to your instructions & the H-D service manual. In addition, I married the key fob to the bike & the alarm system works perfectly fine. The key fob enables the alarm, the pager works great and once I start my scooter, the alarm disarms and she runs just fine. However, my system goes into "Auto Arm" 30 seconds after I shut it down which is supposed to happen on '07 & later models.

Also, I did the diagnostics with the Speedometer to clear a soft code P1009 which is now gone as evidenced by the lack of check engine light appearing after she starts.

The part #'s that I pulled out of the speedo are 68923-OOD for the TSSM and 67478-04 for the speedometer which corresponds as being the correct one for an '06 FXDL and FXDB. The entire Alarm kit # is 68207-OOD which is for a North American Dyna '04-06.

I am aware that the system can be put into 'Transport Mode" while I want to work on it, but is just a hassle. I am thinking that the Dealer has the "Digital Technician" and can possibly reprogram my system to disarm the auto on feature but was looking for a way to do it myself. Just old school, I guess.

Many thanks for your suggestions,

Sandy

Your best bet would be to run this by the dealer. The new systems do auto set after a time out and when it comes to Harley, they do change things without notice to the customers. The dealer may have a service bulletin on this issue that will help you out.
I had that feature on mine also where it would auto set like yours and I just hung the FOB on the bike mirror when I was working on it so it didn't arm. You will no doubt find that the auto arm feature is a very nice feature after using the older ones that you had to set it when you parked the bike.

Give it some time and you may come to like it.

"I had that feature on mine also where it would auto set like yours and I just hung the FOB on the bike mirror when I was working on it so it didn't arm".

Let me check for understanding....If the Key Fob is close to the alarm system,as you indicated by hanging the Fob on the mirror stem, it will not rearm? If so, that is a great tip & I am going to try it out if this is the case!

Many thanks,
Sandy
:s

Last edited:
glider,

After giving your suggestion some thought, I believe that you are correct about leaving the Auto On feature alone. Since I suffer from CRS, it is alot easier to let it rearm itself then to go back after I have walked into someplace to eat or or worse, look at some nice scooters & parts. Also, I just tried & was able to arm my pager from the house, which is 50 feet or so away from the garage.

After all, that is why I went to the trouble to install an alarm/pager in the first place. The Transport mode will do if I need to wash, wax or do any adjustments.

Thanks for the help. It is certainly nice to get another man's perspective.

Regards,
Sandy

Let me check for understanding....If the Key Fob is close to the alarm system,as you indicated by hanging the Fob on the mirror stem, it will not rearm? If so, that is a great tip & I am going to try it out if this is the case!

Many thanks,
Sandy
:s

That's how it works with the button less FOB(smartfob). I think you mentioned hitting the button on your FOB above so it's a different setup but if it works as an active alarm, I would think that's just as good. Actually yours sounds like a cross between the two which I haven't heard of before this.
I really liked the self arm feature for the same reasons you mentioned. My previous bike had to be set with the fob each time.

That's how it works with the button less FOB(smartfob).

glider,

You are correct as my fob has the button which is pushed twice, like clicking a mouse, to disarm the system. I am told that the International H-D alarms are just like mine as they have the Auto Arm feature as standard equipment.

Many thanks for your assistance,

Sandy:D

Back