free website stats program TSSM Trouble | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

TSSM Trouble

I know when I married my security system to my bike, timing was critical. Each time I waited the 10 minute cycle, you had to get to the ignition within 2 seconds. It took me several tries, but I got it eventually. For the record, I tried to read a book or magazine while I waited, I didn't get it right until I stared at the light until it was time to turn the ignition. Oh yeah, I could talk on the phone and do it either.

I may have waited too long. I might try it again.....pull up a chair and a few recreational beverages and see what happens. So you're saying that when the light goes out you've only got a couple of seconds?

Yes....I may even wait until the process is over to take a drink. :D I don't remember the process exactly, but I think the light is on, then it goes off, and within a couple of seconds you have to turn the ignition. I finally resorted to staring only at the light to see when it changed.

Ha-Ha...beverages are good, do it yourself programming is good...mixing them up...NOT! Patience and JUST paying attention to the light sequence (after careful "prep and rehearsal" beforehand) is probably the only way to get it right!:p

Ha-Ha...beverages are good, do it yourself programming is good...mixing them up...NOT! Patience and JUST paying attention to the light sequence (after careful "prep and rehearsal" beforehand) is probably the only way to get it right!:p

I'm paying attention. Watchin it like a hungry eagle watching a rabbit. I think I'm either switching the ignition too fast or too slow. I'm doing it about as fast as you double-click your mouse right after ther light goes out. Dealer said they would do it for nothing but it's a little too wet and snowy to be going up there right now.

I'm paying attention. Watchin it like a hungry eagle watching a rabbit. I think I'm either switching the ignition too fast or too slow. I'm doing it about as fast as you double-click your mouse right after ther light goes out. Dealer said they would do it for nothing but it's a little too wet and snowy to be going up there right now.

If you don't get I'll bet you'll want to watch when the dealer does it, to see what the trick is.

If you don't get I'll bet you'll want to watch when the dealer does it, to see what the trick is.

They'll plug in the scanalyzer and do it that way. Only takes about 10 or 15 minutes they say. I'm gonna keep at it......don't have anything else to really do tonight.

I think when I did mine, that it was just off, kind of slow, maybe off for a second and then back on. Deliberate and steady. Good luck!

.....don't have anything else to really do tonight.

I don't like seeing you go through all this pain, but it is good to know that if you were a crook trying to steal my bike by using a substitute TSSM, you would still be there trying to get it started.!:)

Back