free website stats program tssm question | Harley Davidson Forums

tssm question

apocalypse

ok here is what i have

2002 softail standard carb.

I just installed a tssm in my bike, and i didnt have to go through the learn precedure. is that supposed to happen? everything else seems to work. it arms and disarms with the fob (once i did the learn), starter kill, motion, blinkey lights... it all seems a-ok to me just though i would check with you guys to make sure i missed anything..

now i just have to figure out that pesky pin learn.

If the bike will start and run, and the turn signals work, it sounds like you may have it. If you missed anything, someone with more knowledge than I will be along shortly to confirm. :s

yea, it fired right up and was idling fine in the garage. guess im just not used to somthing going so smoothly.. :shock

yea, it fired right up and was idling fine in the garage. guess im just not used to somthing going so smoothly.. :shock

Does a 2002 actually have a ECM/TSSM password learn and speedo pin number? It would have required the steps to be performed if it did. Not sure if 9 years ago the ECM required a marriage to the TSSM and it's possible that the pin only resides in the TSSM for that year bike and is not required by the ECM for enabled fuel and spark. Not 100% sure but glad your running.

I told you someone smarter than me would be along soon. :) As usual, Mr. Electricity brings up a good point.

Back