free website stats program tssm question | Harley Davidson Forums

tssm question

nascar7613

Can the tssm cause the bike to not start. I noticed on the wiring diagram that it sends an ignition enable sigal to the ignition module. Is this voltage that it sends or does it ground something. Maybe its from the bank angle sensor. 01 FXDWG caburated will not start, no fire to plugs. Thanks

Problems with the TSSM could cause the engine not to start, likewise the TSSM/TSM has to be married to the system in order for it to communicate so the engine runs.

This bike does not have an alarm system. Do you still marry the tssm to the bike? Also, when I pull the codes with the data link, the light flashes six times rapidly, then flashes four times slowly, pause, four times slowly again, then six times rapidly again, then repeats. I do not see where 44 is a dtc.

After reading the marrying proceedure, I dont believe that it pertains to a bike without an alarm, it doesnt have a security light.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any time a component is replaced on one of these bikes, it has to be re married or it will not run.

Is there a different proceedure to marry a non alarm bike? The marrying proceedure requires the observation of the security light, which this bike doesnt have. Thanks for all your help.

Is there a different proceedure to marry a non alarm bike? The marrying proceedure requires the observation of the security light, which this bike doesnt have. Thanks for all your help.

on a 07 Ultra !??? --- yes it does. And I'm not being a smarty-pants here.

what kind of "light" are you expecting to see and where at?

the light is in the speedometer I believe. I didn't have any luck marring mine with the instructions, ended up taking it to the dealer and they did it for 35 dollars in a few minutes time.

I'm not the expert on here, but if your bike has no security ( 01 FXDWG) then shouldn't you have the TSM,(turn signal module) and not the TSSM (turn signal/security ,module) ???
Someone Jump in here if I'm wrong. :dknow

I dont have an 07 Ultra, it is a 01 fxdwg, and it does not have a security light. I am starting to think the crank sensor is bad. Let you know what happens.

Back