free website stats program TSM issue on Electra Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

TSM issue on Electra Glide

Metal beater

I'm having a bit of a head scratcher going on.I picked up a basket case 05 Electra Glide with the factory security and siren.No FOB.Got all the wiring back in order and straightened out as the dash was tore off in an accident.Tried to start and siren!I really like staying away from the dealership.I'm hotrodding the bike anyway so getting rid of the security is fine by me.If I was to go back to a plain TSM and axe the TSSM and siren.Would I have to go to the dealership to have the new or used TSM learned to the ECM?
Also on the used topic,are the TSM's rather generic being that they are only for signal lights or are they very part # specific?Being that more folks are going towards alarm systems versus taking them out.I see several TSM's on ebay that are within the year range of my bike just don't know if I should waste my time and $ with used or bite the bullet and go new.
I did talk to the dealer today and they said I could get a new FOB and bring it in etc.But from the reading I have done here the factory security seems to cause some concerning issues for me as to road side shut downs.I'm not really sold on the alarm thing due to bad codes and readings.What to do?

Thanks Glider.I'll take the advice and go new.I'm sure it will be several days down the road but I'll let you folks know how things went.:D

Back