free website stats program Trying to lower my Buell a tad | Harley Davidson Forums

Trying to lower my Buell a tad

Baggh

Hey guys... I'm tip toeing on my XB12S when stopped. Its good to go and I'd be fine like this however I'd prefer to have a bit more foot on the ground.

What I plan on trying first is taking my rear shock's preload adjustment from 4 to 2. I'm thinking it may be a smidge spongy but my weight may bring the bike down a bit. Think this would work?

If not... any other simple options?

Thanks Hobbit...

yep... I'm 5' 7" and tip toeing on this thing. When I got in last night I took the preload down 2 notches and it did nothing to give me more foot on the pavement so I am putting it back to specs now.

I take it the SCG seat will snap right on?

Got my seat in yesterday! The description states that it lowers the ride by 1" but it feels more like 2"... its great. Now I am almost flat footed rather than tiptoeing when stopped. So much more comfortable and functional. This is the best mod dollar for dollar I have bought yet to enhance functionality (and I spent like 2~3K worth of mods for my sportster).

I cannot believe how inexpensive the Buell add-ons are compared to the Sportster. I got a sidekick seat for my sporty for over $300... the seat for my Beull was $115 total. nice.

The seat plugged right on as if it was made for the bike :)

Thanks for the tip Hobbit!

btw.. I removed the rear pegs and a bunch of the reflecter clutter fro mthe rear of the bike.. I'll post pics as soon as I put a few more additions that I have in mind :)

yep... no matter the bike... the Harley Tax continues :)

wow.. I take back what I said about the Buell add ons being so much more affordable than the Sporty... heh

I have seen the cheesegrater removed from these bikes and they look so much cooler. I have no idea why Erik put that big old thing on there.

I was talking to my bud the other day and this mod\add=on thing is... hmmm.. well.. a sickness.. heh

If these bikes came stock with the rear end like in the link you sent... and the cheesegrater was the add on everybody and their brother would be going for the cheesegrater.... ahah. right? I think so... its all about making your bike your own... these graters would be flying off the shelf if they were the actual add-on. Know what I mean?

Thanks Hobbit...

yep... I'm 5' 7" and tip toeing on this thing. When I got in last night I took the preload down 2 notches and it did nothing to give me more foot on the pavement so I am putting it back to specs now.

I take it the SCG seat will snap right on?

You might check out a few HD dealers in your area to see if they have any seats for your Buell in stock. I was just in the one here in Camarillo and they had a new stock Buell seat on their discount table...probably from a customer's aftermarket replacement swap out. Just make sure you walk straight to the parts counter...no detours :newsmile065:

"walk straight to the counter"... heh.

Welp... a good thing yet bad thing about these Buells is the lack of stuff Harley Dealers carry in-stock. They have like... nothing. All I scored by just walking in so far is a Buell ball cap and decal.

Its good because I cannot tell you how much money I spent walking into a HD dealer to buy a bolt and leave with all kind of add-ons (pegs\grips\etc... all of which I just bought the month before.. ahah). I would be so pumped to put the stuff on that I would ask the guys for some tools and put the new parts on in the parking lot.

Its bad because.. I cant walk in a store to buy cool stuff to put on in the parking lot.. sooo... good and bad :)

I am kind of... hmmm... (Edited) at my local HD dealer. They act like having Buells is a pain in the (Edited). Like they are an unwanted stepchild invading their showroom. Not just the lack of Buell items for sell but the employees overall vibe about the Buells. I started going to another dealer that is much farther away cause they seem much more excited about the Buells being in their showroom.

My payment address says the same as any Harley out there... umm... Harley financing. Same company... etc etc. The guys at my local dealer should realize that.. .especially since i bought the bike from them.

Last edited:
"walk straight to the counter"... heh.

Welp... a good thing yet bad thing about these Buells is the lack of stuff Harley Dealers carry in-stock. They have like... nothing. All I scored by just walking in so far is a Buell ball cap and decal.

Its good because I cannot tell you how much money I spent walking into a HD dealer to buy a bolt and leave with all kind of add-ons (pegs\grips\etc... all of which I just bought the month before.. ahah). I would be so pumped to put the stuff on that I would ask the guys for some tools and put the new parts on in the parking lot.

Its bad because.. I cant walk in a store to buy cool stuff to put on in the parking lot.. sooo... good and bad :)

I am kind of... hmmm... (Edited) at my local HD dealer. They act like having Buells is a pain in the (Edited). Like they are an unwanted stepchild invading their showroom. Not just the lack of Buell items for sell but the employees overall vibe about the Buells. I started going to another dealer that is much farther away cause they seem much more excited about the Buells being in their showroom.

My payment address says the same as any Harley out there... umm... Harley financing. Same company... etc etc. The guys at my local dealer should realize that.. .especially since i bought the bike from them.

I noticed the reception for Buells at different dealers is very different. I walked into HD dealer (around Salinas I think) and they had a whole section for the Buell AND accessories (probably because Laguna Seca Raceway draws the performance crowd), so look around...just keep your hands in your pockets and maybe your wallet won't stay so flat. :laugh

Back