free website stats program True Track rear swingarm stablizer? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

True Track rear swingarm stablizer?

Cost $340.00 and the rear is a (EDIT) . Have a friend help if possible. I did mine myself but wasn't in any hurry as it was cold out. Actually forgot I installed them when the weather turned and I took it out for a ride , I noticed a difference right away. And yes, I did have that loose feeling in the rear especially on a long sweeper. Their expensive but well worth the $ Good Luck

My 02 wideglide has stock suspension with the exception of Progressive 1/2" longer than stock rear shocks. On a few occasions I've had a slight wander in the middle of a sweeping corner around 65 mph with a moderate lean angle. Is this the "squirrely" you are referring too? Since I changed the front sprocket and had to lengthen the slots in the swingarm to get the correct belt tension the bike has felt like it is on rails. It lengthened the wheel base abit over 1/2" What is it the tru-track is supposed to do to make it track better? I'm curious---jack

My Sportster has 3 suspension links 2 in the front (upper and lower engine mounts), and underside swing arm to engine, so proper engine isolation and stabilizing the rubber mounting for a well handling bike does seem to measure up as being necessary.

MOCO would not be spending hours of R&D, Dyno, Wind Tunnel and Road Testing only to throw hardware on the bike increasing the unit cost...think? The True-Trak uses similar technology to infuse into the Dyna's and Touring bikes, and judging by positive feedback from "go fast" guys I would say it is a winner. JMO

Well I have the verdict. As you may have read in my previous posting I was planning on mounting a True track on my '04 RK. After dinner I went to the garage and no fooling 20 minutes later the True Track was installed , talk about plug and play this was a sinch !!! and the result .... I could hardly believe what this little piece of bracket has done for my bike. Its super steady during cornering so I can concentrate on speed and lean as we should when riding a two wheeler. I highly recommend the true track to anyone that feels their bike isn't cornering right !

I have installed the true track on my WG.. Love the change in how it runs thru corners at high speeds...... One of the best mods done so far. Along with the Ricor intiminators & shocks. :D:D:D:D

Back